NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

ASP3 not seeing some .dng files and a possible fix

Bugs & Suggestions

ASP3 not seeing some .dng files and a possible fix

Postby richards » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:49 am

Pentax K-1, ASP3 pro. I'm a long-time user since Bibble days. I really like what I can do with ASP. It suits my level of post processing and gives me room to grow. However, I've had a few issues in the last three years or so. It wouldn't recognise the K-1 back in 2016 when it was released. Imagine my joy when I discovered a few months ago that ASP3 would now recognise the K-1. No problems since then, until ...

I started processing my Christmas holiday shots a few days ago and got a few done. I opened ASP two days ago and it wouldn't see any of the .dng files that it saw a few days before. It had no problems with any other folders, just this one. So how can it be folder-specific? Raw Therapee and Darktable opened them. Hmmm. What's going on? Have I done something to the folder inside ASP?

I thought about it a bit and then I created a new folder and copied all the files from the original folder to the new one. Everything works fine. Weird. Does anyone have any ideas what might have caused it?

Regards,
Richard.
richards

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUS Prime Z270-A
processor: Intel i7-7700
ram: 32GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 6.5 TB
Corel programs: ASP Pro

Re: ASP3 not seeing some .dng files and a possible fix

Postby Photomechanic » Sun May 05, 2019 1:40 am

I've tried this and it doesn't work for me. My Adobe-created (through Lightroom) DNGs won't open whether copied or left in the place where Adobe Lightroom put them.
Photomechanic

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Return to Bugs & Suggestions