NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

ASP Pro 3 - most annoying software I've ever used

Bugs & Suggestions

Re: ASP Pro 3 - most annoying software I've ever used

Postby uwe » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:13 pm

So here I am, a new ASP 3 buyer and frustrated, as it crashes frequently while using the metadata-browser. Imported about 5000 keyworded pictures from a test-folder and was not able to select just one keyword.
In the W10 event-viewer there is mentioned with every crash a problem with ntdll.dll.
I have LR, what a smooth software.
uwe

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby Kneops » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Just to say that it is not all bad. I have been using ASP for two years now, and yes, I have had my days or frustration, Mostly because my cameras were not supported, and I have a few other wishes that I hope Corel will listen too (meanwhile using Exiftool to add necessary metatags), but most of the problems I reported have been fixed, my Fujis are supported, and I experience only very occasional crashes. Importing folders with 2000 images and more (a mix of NEF, RAF, jpeg and tif files), is no problem and fast.I'm running Linux Mint.
Kneops

operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: N/A
motherboard: ASUS P8 Z68
processor: Intel i7 2600
ram: 16GB
Video Card: nVidia 450
sound_card: onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 14 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell U2713H & Spider4
Corel programs: ASP3

Postby All Media Lab » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:38 am

Can only fully agree that Aftershot Pro 3 is rubbish and I stopped using it this weekend!

Purchased a license for Capture One 10, because the RAW conversion of Afterhot Pro 3 and the RAW adjustment with the parameters sliders is a joke!

In Capture One 10 my images look perfect without all the artifacts I noticed in Afterhot Pro 3 and after adjustment even better, the image screen rendering is perfect and the image changes in slow steps (like it's supposed to!) when you change a parameter, exposure and highlight recovery works like a dream and all the other parameters as well.

Good bey Afterhot 3!

David
All Media Lab

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C

Previous

Return to Bugs & Suggestions