NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Aftershot Pro 3 hangs on output

Bugs & Suggestions

Aftershot Pro 3 hangs on output

Postby tdshepard » Wed May 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Anyone know of a solution?
I have thousands of jpeg and tiff images from scanning Kodachrome 25 slides and whenever I send any of the images to ANY output queue, the queue just freezes. It says 0 of 1 for the first image. If I drag it to the queue again, it says 0 of 2, if I manually invoke Run from the context menu, it goes to 0 of 3, etc. I have some older jpegs from another shoot that don't have this problem, which led me to suspect they were corrupt somehow. I downloaded and installed a jpeg repair app named Stellar Repair (stellarinfo.com) and ran it. It claimed to have repaired the jpegs. It did not. They still hang the output queue. Douglas King from Corel told me to do a clean re-install of my OS on my Mac Pro. I did that and also increased the flash storage to 1 TB and the memory to 64 GB. That did not solve the problem. Aftershot Pro 3 does work on RAW format files, such as the cr2 files made by my Canon EOS 40 D. Does anyone have any ideas?
I have ordered a rental scanner from ezphotoscan.com which has a built-in Canon camera that saves the files in cr2 format. Seems like my best option. I will have to rescan all the slides, about 8000 total, and then process them all over in Aftershot Pro 3. I am currently taking legal action against Corel to get a refund of what I paid for Bibble Pro 5, Aftershot Pro 1, and Aftershot Pro 3.
Dr. Thomas D. Shepard
tdshepard@comcast.net
tdshepard

operating_system: Mac
System_Drive: N/A
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Mac motherboard
processor: 6-core intel xeon
ram: 64GB
Video Card: Mac videocard
sound_card: apparently none installed
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1000 GB