NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Problem with Photo Express 4.0 SE and BH-10 camera

Postby Bugscuffles » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:02 pm

I was recently given a Bell & Howell BH-10 Dual Mode Camera (8001 CF). I have installed the Drivers as well as Photo Express 4, Photo Express 6 and Ulead Cool 360 from the accompanying CD. When I check the device manager on my computer the camera is listed under Imaging Devices and it indicates that the device is working properly. The other USB devices on my computer are working properly.

When I open Photo Express 4, click on Get Photo, select the BH-10 Camera and then click on Acquire, I get the following message:

"Failed to open camera".

I have tried uninstalling everything and doing a fresh installation but nothing seems to resolve this issue.

Do you have any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Bugscuffles
Bugscuffles

Postby Ron P. » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:54 pm

Welcome to the forum,

Is your camera turned on when you are trying to acquire the images? You might also try using Windows Explorer (My Computer) to see if you can copy the images from the camera to your hard drive.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Postby Bugscuffles » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:57 pm

The camera is turned on. The camera shows up in the device manager under imaging devices and when I click on Properties it says that the device is working properly.

The device does not show up under My Computer as any kind of drive nor does is show up when I use Windows Explorer.

I get the message that the device has been recognized by my computer and the camera makes the appropriate beeps etc. as the computer communicates with it. The camera is on and PC shows in the screen on the back.

I have exhausted all my ideas about how to resolve this issue.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bugscuffles
Bugscuffles

Return to Photo Express