NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Error in getting twain data source

Error in getting twain data source

Postby doapathlgy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:00 pm

I am using Ulead photo express 4.0 Se. Everytime I try to scan something I get a U32SCAN Error in getting twain data source. I have reinstalled, erased, repaired with memorex MEM48U Cd. I don't know what else to do. This seems to happen quite a bit lately. Then it starts working again.
doapathlgy

Postby Ron P. » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:24 pm

Welcome to the forums,

How old is your scanner? I know my "older" scanner (Visoneer) did not work properly with PI, or many programs under WinXP. It was released and designed to work with Win95/Win98se.

Did your version PE-4SE come with your scanner or other hardware? SE versions are Special Edition, or what we like to call "Simple" editions. They are not complete versions, they are free versions, and may have been tweaked by the hardware manufacturer to work with the specific hardware it is being bundled with.

The problem with scanners sometimes is not so much related to the program that is trying to access it, as it is with the firmware (drivers, etc, ) that the scanner uses. TWAIN is a technology that was developed some years ago, however the developers could not come up with a name for it. So what was decided, and subsequently stuck was the acronym T.W.A.I.N. or Technology Without An Interesting Name.

History class dismissed..;) You might check to see if there are more current drivers for your scanner. You would be surprised at the hardware that is just purchased from the store, and the drivers are out of date.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Postby doapathlgy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:08 pm

The scanner did not come with the computer. I bought it 2 years ago. I replace my scanner every 2 years it seems cause they have no life span. I barely use them. I keep them in great condition but they still seem not to last. I checked for new drivers and I couldn't find anything. Only thing I can figure is the cord is getting faulty. But it is built into the scanner. So if that is the case, time for a new scanner. Now it is working today.
doapathlgy

Return to Photo Express