NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Logged Off

General "Chatter" or conversations. They need not be directly related to video editing, or any products. We will however restrict the content of this forums to topics that do not involve political, religious, hate, or inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Spam posting applies here too..

Moderator: Ken Berry

Logged Off

Postby weaver » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 pm

Hi

Sometimes on my Ipad I am for some reason logged off from the forum. (Only from Corel Forum). To log in I need to enter again my ID and PW, however they are usually saved automatically by Ipad. It happens only on the Corel Forum page, many other forums are working in the same time without any log problems.
Is there a trick how to avoid this?
Usually I do not have at hand the PW, so I cannot log-in again.

Thank you!
weaver

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: intel i7
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Radeon
sound_card: C.Media
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 20TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: FULL HD
Corel programs: VS S6,8,10 on W XP, VS X4,6,7,2018

Re: Logged Off

Postby Ken Berry » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:22 pm

That happens to me fairly regularly -- every two or three weeks -- for a couple of possible reasons. First, the Board software seems to want me to refresh my log-in after a couple of weeks of sustained usage. I don't mean it wants me to change password or anything: just to log-in again. It's as though there is some built-in cache builds up and finally flips a switch. I've thought about this over the years, but confess that I have never investigated the reason since it is of course very simple to log back in.

Secondly, and for a far more obvious reason, this also happens when I use CCleaner to do a clean of my hard disk. Amongst the things that it wipes away are the passwords for regularly used websites, including the Corel forum. But again, it is not something which greatly worries me and is also very easily corrected by a simple log-in. Until the next time...!! :wink: :lol:
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2019; PSP 2019; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby weaver » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi Ken

I understand your reply, but today everybody from us has plenty pasword protected web pages, and pages of passwors for different pages. As I told before, only the Corel forum shows this problem ( at least from the forums where I am a member) all other PW protected web pages keep the login for ever, or for the announced interval. Obviously I do not carry with me my password list ie when it happens somewhere on the way ( travelling quite a lot around the world) I have a problem to log in, or I need to ask for the new PW.
I access the forum almost exclusively from Ipad and I do not use CCleaner etc.
weaver

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
processor: intel i7
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Radeon
sound_card: C.Media
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 20TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: FULL HD
Corel programs: VS S6,8,10 on W XP, VS X4,6,7,2018

Postby BrianCee » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:24 pm

YOU can change your password to anything you like - preferably to something which you can easily remember

Open your user panel - select the 'Profile' tab - then 'Edit account settings' and change the password to a very memorable - never to be forgotten word then you can just log in again anytime
My VideoStudio demo videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBrianCee
BrianCee

operating_system: Windows 10
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10

Postby canuck » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:03 am

I have not had to login to the Corel forum in over a year. I have done a restore (via backups) of my system several times during that period and even then no login is required. This seems to indicate that the login is stored on your system perhaps in the cookies cache
canuck

operating_system: Windows 8.1

Return to Forum Chat