NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Old DVP files

General "Chatter" or conversations. They need not be directly related to video editing, or any products. We will however restrict the content of this forums to topics that do not involve political, religious, hate, or inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Spam posting applies here too..

Moderator: Ken Berry

Old DVP files

Postby cassb » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:19 pm

I have some old .dvp files I think from MediaStudio Pro and would like to open them to see if I can edit the project still. I lost my original MSP install disk and I'm on Windows 8.1. Is there a place I can download a copy of that program from, and can it be tweaked to run in Windows 8 in compatibility mode or something?

Thanks!
Bryan
cassb

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-890GPA-UD3H
processor: 3.20 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 955
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4290
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: DELL 1908FP

Re: Old DVP files

Postby canuck » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:54 am

cassb wrote:I have some old .dvp files I think from MediaStudio Pro and would like to open them to see if I can edit the project still. I lost my original MSP install disk and I'm on Windows 8.1. Is there a place I can download a copy of that program from, and can it be tweaked to run in Windows 8 in compatibility mode or something?

Thanks!
Bryan

Do you still have the source files you used in your original project. Since a .dvp file is simply a project file, ie. it keeps track of all video project information, including audio and video clip links, filter and transition effects, and other editing parameters. It does not contain any video,audio, etc. Without those source files, there is no point in trying to work with a dvp file
canuck

operating_system: Windows 8.1

Re: Old DVP files

Postby cassb » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:45 am

Yes, I have all of the project files in the original folder with the DVP file. I want to recreate the DVD that I did in 2005, but I need the program to do that. I could try to reproduce it in a different video program (I use PowerDirector 17 and am trying to learn DaVinci Resolve but it won't load my AVI files), but that's a pita. :-)
cassb

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-890GPA-UD3H
processor: 3.20 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 955
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4290
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: DELL 1908FP

Return to Forum Chat