NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Corel vs Adobe for graphics

General "Chatter" or conversations. They need not be directly related to video editing, or any products. We will however restrict the content of this forums to topics that do not involve political, religious, hate, or inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Spam posting applies here too..

Moderator: Ken Berry

Corel vs Adobe for graphics

Postby mangurian » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:59 pm

I use the latest and best Corel products for photos and graphics in general. The upgrades are coming so fast that Adobe cloud services are starting to look better. I just upgraded to PSP 2018 and AS Pro. Now they want $63 for 2019. Corel is pushing out updates so fast, they are approaching the $9.99 per month of Adobe PS (which comes with Lightroom Classic CC). Adobe doesn't charge for updates. I have always loved Corel products as the graphics company with affordable quality. PS and LR have some advantages - I am looking. I am a casual hobbyist photographer and dollars spent must be justifiable.

AfterShot Pro doesn't even support most new Canon mirrorless cameras, so I can't use it for RAW (PS does). How about upgrading that (I have an EOS M100) ?

I think Corel should do something like 1 free upgrade within a year or less expensive upgrades.
It might hurt the bottom line in the short term, but not in the longer term if new policies maintain the company identity with users.

PSP with ASPro Pro isn't quite up to PSP and Lightroom for photos (in my opinion - I still use my PS client for some things even though it is not new) so they must compete on cost.

My two cents.
mangurian

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: MSI IONA 1.0
processor: 3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i5 650
ram: 8 Gig
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 230
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 T

Re: Corel vs Adobe for graphics

Postby Androcles » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:53 pm

I even didn't much expert in Corel. But recently started something to do with this one. Anyways, for graphic I prefer Photoshop and this is my first priority.
Androcles

operating_system: Windows 10
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
ram: 4GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB

Re: Corel vs Adobe for graphics

Postby Bogdanidze » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:34 pm

As for my opinion, Photoshop gives for you more functions and advantages. But Photoshop costs it's money if you are working as designer. For all other tasks you can use Corel =)
Bogdanidze

operating_system: Windows 7 Starter
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
ram: 4 gb
Corel programs: Corel

Return to Forum Chat