NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Forum suggestion

General "Chatter" or conversations. They need not be directly related to video editing, or any products. We will however restrict the content of this forums to topics that do not involve political, religious, hate, or inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Spam posting applies here too..

Moderator: Ken Berry

Forum suggestion

Postby AfterShot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:58 am

Hello,

I wonder if I could make a suggestion? I just went back over my posts and realised that I posted in some really old threads. :oops: I just didn't check the date, so yes it's my fault, but couldn't old threads be locked - say after 1 year - so that people can't post in them? Of course we could all just be (and by we I mean me) a little more observant, but I just thought that maybe that would help. I'm pretty much always running on only a few hours of sleep, so my observation skills are not always high functioning.
AfterShot

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Re: Forum suggestion

Postby BrianCee » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:23 am

It has never been our policy to lock or delete old posts - you never know when someone wants to read or add more information

In any case there is no problem with posting to an old thread - it may even bring up a further useful discussion -

not sure how we would define an old post anyrate - some run for quite a while

We do not have any proposals at the present time to lock 'old' threads

My VideoStudio demo videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBrianCee
BrianCee

32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10

Postby AfterShot » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:02 am

Ok, thank you. It just seemed that whoever responded to one of the posts I made in an old thread seemed quite annoyed by my oversight. But I agree that it could relaunch a good and helpful discussion. I guess I will try to pay better attention and only post in old threads if I think that it could be beneficial.

Cheers!
AfterShot

32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Postby LordLiverpool » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:49 am

At the risk of replying to an old thread... I've never understood why people object to it. If the post is relevant, the date of the thread doesn't matter.
LordLiverpool

32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Intel CM238
processor: Intel Core i7-7820HK
ram: 8GB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1080

Return to Forum Chat