NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Introduce yourself to other members in this thread.

General "Chatter" or conversations. They need not be directly related to video editing, or any products. We will however restrict the content of this forums to topics that do not involve political, religious, hate, or inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Spam posting applies here too..

Moderator: Ken Berry

Re: Introduce yourself to other members in this thread.

Postby cooltouch » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:46 pm

Just thought I'd drop in and say "Howdy." I am a member of an independent board for Paint Shop Pro, but it's almost dead. Did a google search and found out about this one, which seems to be much more active.

I'm here because I'm a frequent user of Pain Shop Pro. I have x7 currently. I'm a photographer and I've been using Paint Shop Pro to do post processing on my photos since JASC v4 -- about 18 years or thereabouts. I've stuck with PSP in the face of the rise of the Adobe juggernaught, Photoshop, and don't have the least inclination to switch. I have added PS to my collection of processing software, and I do use it on occasion, but I find that, for more than 95% of my usage needs, PSP can handle things just fine, often better than PS.

What brings me here today is I'm using the HDR functions in PSP for the first time and I find them to be useful for extracting a good balance of information from a photo -- e.g. bringing out detail from shadow areas without burning through the highlights. But sometimes I like to play around with HDR and go for the hyper-reality look. So far, I haven't been able to tweak any of my images to bring out this hyper-reality effect. I'm wondering if PSP just plays conservatively with HDR or if I'm missing something. Guess I oughta do a search first and then post a note in the appropriate area to find out. But anyway, that's what brings me here today.

I'll be back, though, you can count on that.
Best,
Michael

PSP X9 64-bit, AS2 64-bit
Photoshop CS6, Lightroom CC
Gimp 2
cooltouch

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Gateway notebook
processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
ram: 8 gigs
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
sound_card: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1.5 tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 17" Generic PnP Display 1920 x 1200 pixels
Corel programs: Paint Shop Pro X7, AfterShot 2

Postby Yorkiesparky » Sun May 31, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi I am Yorkiesparky and live (for the moment) near York England
I have been using video software for some years but consider myself a beginner still as the video industry moves rapidly and sometimes it is hard to keep up!
I am hoping to learn from the forum users here and perhaps I can help in return!
Every day we learn a little more
Yorkiesparky

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Gigabyte
processor: Intel i5 3570K
ram: 8Gb
Video Card: Intel 4000
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell

Postby lata » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 am

Hi Yorkiesparky

And welcome to the forums

I assume you use Video Studio, the latest version is X8.

If you have any problems or questions please visit the Video Studio forum, lots of help available there from many forum users, and of course any help is useful.

As you see from my profile I live in the UK -- Leeds just next door from you.………
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby Ken Berry » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:25 am

I'm also assuming from his nickname that since he is a sparky from York, that he is an electrician ... that is, if the same word is used over there as it is here in Kiwiland!! But welcome, nonetheless... Mind you, I also think in terms of York being the Roman "Eboriacum"!!
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 28" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2018; PSP 2018; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby lata » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi Ken

ee-by-gum that’s right “sparky” is used for an electrician, comes from shorting out live cables :lol: :lol: :idea:
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby JCBrown » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:12 am

Hello,

My name is John, 64 years old, semi-retired Civil Engineer (Hydro), living in the Montreal area. Along the way, I picked up some languages. I speak French fluently (a requirement with both my past and present wives (one at a time) and work), and can converse in Spanish and somewhat in Portuguese, but my Spanish is getting rusty.

I started filming many years ago using my father's Kodak 8mm camera, an environmentally friendly device, no batteries, just hand crank it. Then I graduated to a Super8 Sound camera just before leaving Canada for 3 years in West Africa. Several years later, I purchased a VHS video camera that came in 2 parts, the camera and the recorder; very heavy to lug around. I went through a couple of DV cameras and now have a Canon AVCHD HF R21 video camera, a Canon T4i DSLR, and a BB Z10 cellphone, the latter 2 used for both photos and video. Creating and editing videos along with photos is my main pastime.

I recently purchased PSP X7 Ultimate which came along with several extras that I am still trying to figure out. I bought PSP X7 after a couple of the gurus on the Magix video forum mentioned that they used it as their main image editor, that it could be accessed directly from the movie editor, and that the modified image was brought directly back into the movie editor. Wonderful! So here I am.

I used Pinnacle Studio Pro for years before switching to Magix products when Avid purchased Pinnacle, but I still keep up to date with Pinnacle, now v18.5, as it has features and add-ons that I don't have otherwise. Other than the video editor, I use some other Magix products, like MusicMaker, Samplitude, and Audio & Music Lab2014 for creating, recording, cleaning, restoring and mastering sound for my videos and other uses. Just to add more variety (or confusion) to the mix, I use the Roxio VHS to DVD converter (when it doesn't think it's a Pinnacle Dazzle).

One of my projects is to digitize the family 8mm films, a very long process. I scan them a few inches at a time using a conversion program which transforms the strips into videos. Another project is to continue transferring the Super8Sound films to digital using the projector method. And, of course, catch up on creating something worth watching from many years of photos and videos.

I have produced about a dozen tutorials about video and sound (MusicMaker), but half are about using other programs with a video editor, including Vasco da Gama (travel animation) and a couple of Pixelan plugins for making video transitions/fades (SpiceMaster) and blurring or rather face-smoothing in videos. Unfortunately, the Pixelan plugins are not available for Corel VideoStudio.

As I learn all about PSP, I have to decide whether or not to make adjustments to my photos before or during video editing. I think that I'll continue with during video editing to avoid spending time on photos that I likely will never use.

I hope that posting this qualifies me to remain a member of this very useful forum, and I look forward to contributing where I can.

Till later,
John CB

PSP X9 Ult, 2018
JCBrown

motherboard: 2A9C 1.0
processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 860
ram: 16GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 15TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2710 [Monitor] (27.2"vis)
Corel programs: PSP 2018

Postby McGrandpa » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi folks!
I'm Michael, go by McGrandpa and McG., have been an avid user of Paint Shop Pro 10 from its beginnings. I still use it and normally have at least one instance of it running all the time. I ALSO own and use Adobe CS 4 Extended, largely for its ability to work with my cameras RAW (.ORF) files. While CS4E is powerful and can do far more varied tasks than any version of PSP, there are tools in PSP X that absolutely run rings around the equivalent tools in CS4.
I have been using the Corel Newsgroups for many years. Since PSP X came out anyway. I think this may be my first post ever to these web forums. I use an Olympus E-3, have an E-510 serving as my backup. I have a bag full of lenses, most of them Sigma and one Zuiko 18-180 mm zoom. That is my walk around lens. The Sigma lenses are a 50-500mm zoom, the old "Sigma Bigma", a 105mm prime/macro, a 150mm prime/macro, Oly 1.4 TC and 2.0 TC. I do love my photography and playing with the photos in PSP X!
Later folks!
McG.
McGrandpa

operating_system: Windows 8.1
motherboard: HP Sleekbook Touch LAPTOP
processor: AMD A6-4455M APU with Radeon HD Graphics
ram: 4 GB

Postby stringpickin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:53 am

Hey and howdy hey, to everyone in Corel land.. Been using Corel since the mid 90's .. Corel 3.0 I believe.. great program.. would love to try inventor some day.. anyone have any experience with that and able to compare with solidworks or autodesk? I got a notice saying I needed to post to keep my account active.. I have been away from the vector graphics world the last couple months, but have a couple of my inventions I will be doing patent drawings on in the near future.. So figured I better make a post.. Decided to say HEY,, to all of the other Corel Clan...
stringpickin

motherboard: EVGA 141-BL-E757 Tylersburg
processor: 3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7 930
ram: 24568 MB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series
sound_card: AMD High Definition Audio Device
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 6 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS PB278

Postby jyoung_63 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:00 pm

Hello from Phoenix, AZ USA. New to forum but have been using various Corel products for a while now. Nice to meet you all.
Joe
jyoung_63

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: gigabyte
processor: amd
ram: 16gb
Video Card: evga 750
sound_card: soundblaster
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: asus 24in
Corel programs: paintshop pro x7

Postby DPI Graphics » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi; I am a retired systems analyst & a graphics design shop owner. When I sold my shop to retire, I kept my 2 computers & 2 plotters. I am running Win10 on 1 & XP on the other. I have to keep it on XP because I use Cut Studio to drive the plotters & it won't work with W10. I started using Corel Draw 6, went to 8, 10, & now 12. Since I'm 68yrs. old, I suspect this will be my last version. And it is working fine for me.
DPI Graphics

motherboard: Dell Inc. 0M858N A01
processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
ram: 3932 Megab
Video Card: Intel Q45-Q43 Express Chipset
sound_card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 999.63 Gig
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell E193FP [Monitor] (19.1"vis
Corel programs: Corel Draw 12 suite12

Postby Ken Berry » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:28 am

I'd like to welcome you, but since you seem to be referring to CorelDRAW, I hate to tell you that you are on the wrong web board! :roll: The correct one for you is https://community.coreldraw.com
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 28" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2018; PSP 2018; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby Jamshed » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:15 pm

I am Jamshed new member of this forum. I have been using Photo Explorer for last six months. I am here to share my problems and to get solution from forum members.
Jamshed

operating_system: Windows 7 Starter

Postby Gedryk » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Good afternoon to everyone,

I'm Christophe Wilmotte, I am Belgian but live in England (U.K) with my wife Lorraine. I am 39.
I worked for almost 20 years in the Belgian Navy. I felt in love with Web Design in 2004, I also learn to work with Paint Shop Pro (version 6 and 7... yes, it is a while ago...).
Today, I work as an Operation Manager (in the Electronic and VIP Security business) and I decided to come back at my passion of web design (during the few free hours that we have). I plan to turn again to Paint shop Pro.
In the mean time, my wife start to explore the world of video editing.
We both have the passion of travelling (Cuba, Egypt, Maldives, Australia,...) and we would like to share our experience through video and photo.
I already apologise for every mistake in my English, my native language being French...
Gedryk

ram: 8Gb
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1Tb
Corel programs: VideoStudio X8, PSP X8

Postby Revsarge » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:04 am

My name is Marty Murphy and I live in the delta region of California (east of San Francisco for non-Californians)

I have been a minimal user since the program was a puppy and have gone to upgrade several times to 14.3

My primary use is in modifying textures for Computer Flight Simulator Aircraft repaints. I'm learning layers and vectors and images. If it's text only I can handle it. I've done some modification by pixel by pixel color exchange.

Is there a good aftermarket book that might be of assistance in taking my expertise to a greater level?

I'm a F.R.O.G.W.A.B. Funny Old Retired Guy With A Beard.

:oops:
Revsarge

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION Eureka3 1.01
processor: 2.33 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
ram: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1070.20 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP w2338h [Monitor] (23.1"
Corel programs: PaintShop Pro version ?

Postby BruceWayne » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello, community! I am new here, i am using x8 for video converting and i need an answers to few questions about this software. I hope that i can help someone to with sharing my experience.
BruceWayne

motherboard: asus z170
processor: core i5 6600
ram: 16gb ddr4
Video Card: geforce 970
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1tb+250gb

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Chat