NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Introduce yourself to other members in this thread.

General "Chatter" or conversations. They need not be directly related to video editing, or any products. We will however restrict the content of this forums to topics that do not involve political, religious, hate, or inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Spam posting applies here too..

Moderator: Ken Berry

Postby SlashinME » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:26 am

Account activated by sjj1805 - Forum Admin
SlashinME

Postby joeharrington » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:56 pm

I'm a newbie to movie making.
I am a pastor of a small suburban Atlanta Methodist Church.
We have just begun to digitally record the services and plan to generate weekly DVDs for shutins etc.

I am evaluating VS and Premiere Elements but have pretty well decided on VS. An old version (8-se) came with our Plextor board but I've downloaded the trial of 11+

I don't know enough to ask intelligent questions yet, but will likely be back to ask frequently in the future.

We are suffering a slight setback at the moment because our new NEXIS 100AP publisher had to go back for service, but that shouldn't slow down the learning, just the burning of multiples...

Joe Harrington
Mt Zion UMC
joeharrington

Postby AB2008 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:57 am

Entry by Forum Admin to confirm account working due to user having problems logging in.
AB2008

Postby willcox » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:51 am

Entry by Forum Admin to confirm account working due to user having problems logging in.
willcox

Hi.

Postby valhalla1166 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:15 pm

I've made my first post, but press the 'new topic' button, instead of the 'replay' button, so my post gone to the 'forum chat'. I could not delete it to post again here or even move it. If this is wrong, please move it to here. thanks.
valhalla1166

Postby jpmorgan49 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi!
I'm JP Morgan (no relation). I live in a city about 40 miles southwest of Chicago. I've been married almost 38 years and have 3 daughters. I've been interested in photography for as long as I can remember. I bought my first 35mm Nikon in 1970, in 1996 I purchased my first digital camera, and was hooked on didgital. I now have a Nikon D80 SLR and enjoy shooting landscapes and animals. I did have a camcorder back in the late 70's, it was a panasonic VHS that you held on your shoulder. It finally died and I didn't replace it. I've been waiting for some granchildren so I'd have an excuse to buy a new camcorder but I got tired of waiting. I'm going on an Alaskan Cruise in May and I'll be retiring in December so I thought this would be a good time to buy a camcorder. They have changed drastically but I'm having fun learning how to use it and my newly purchased Videostudio 11. This and other forums have helped me with the steep learning curve. I hope with a little more experience I will be able to answer some questions and contibute to the forums.
Nikon D7200 SLR
GoPro Hero 3+ Black
Corel VideoStudio Pro Ultimate 2018
jpmorgan49

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB

Postby sjj1805 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:06 am

Welcome to the forum and I hope the Alaskan cruise is great.
I have heard that if your lucky you get to see the Northern Lights.
sjj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Postby dmstockt » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:53 am

It was GREAT reading the diversity of "plank holders" at the beginning of this thread... I must admit, I didn't read all the follow-ups before the inspiration hit me. I'm waiting on an old drive to format.

HI; Dan Stockton, 35 from Michigan. My first computer experience was a tele-type terminal at the dealership my parents worked at. It was capable of playing a card game. I of course was not allowed to touch the machine; however, I do remember the evening this "feature" was explored by an unofficial party and office full of people :)

Shortly there-after, my aunt and uncle each got TI/99-4A's (fyi: format complete!!! a new 75G specifically for editing!). These amazing machines had digital information stored on plane old audio tapes, and the wonderful sound of the bits flowing out of that speaker must have touched a nerve; instantly I knew computers and electronics would be my thing.

My first weekend non-stop programming was to make the TI play the melody of the theme from Dynasty! Not because I liked Dynasty, but rather because I had the sheet-music as a trombone player. (I was still in grade school you realize...) When completed, I knew how Bach felt each time he completed a symphony!

2006: Fast forward 20 years worth of military, and college, and corporate america; my wife (of 14 years) and I decide we're leaving Southern California to move back where we came from, settle down and start a family. We bought an HDR-HC3 from Sammy's Camera in Costa Mesa, filled the gas tank and drove across the country back to our hometown in Michigan.

Those 8 miniDV's are the culmination of many wild and crazy years, and since then, I've seldom left the house without my trusty HC3. I've also gotten the chance to start filming our first child, and I don't think I need to tell you how much I've spent on miniDV's...

I was recently laid-off and two weeks afterwards I suffered a heart attack (every story has some "bummer" moment...), and since then, I've stepped back from chasing corporate america's dollars through city after city and airport after another in an effort to focus on what really matters to me now, our family. I guess this is my big "career change" in life.

I sure do LIKE film and editing, I get asked to do all of the weddings and other events for the family, so I'm thinking to myself, I might be able to make a career out of it somehow.

I've got two liscensed Ulead 10+'s (I bought one to have on my laptop when I was travelling). I've never sucessfully used anything else (I started with a copy of VS4 and upgraded to 6 then 10+ with my original liscense).

Nice to meet everyone; I hope that those of us who have ULead 10+ (with no reason to upgrade until I get a new computer....) will not get lost in the shuffle to Corel... I just can't afford to make a $600 software upgrade when I buy a Vista computer, thats why I'm a VS10+ user not a Premier fan in the first place.

Peace,
Dan
dmstockt

Postby sjj1805 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:22 am

Welcome to the Web Board Dan, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Whatever Corel do or don't do with VS10 don't worry. There are plenty of experts here only to happy to help.
8)
sjj1805

Postby 0zlander » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:36 am

Hi

As my nick suggests, I am from Australia :D I live on the New England Tablelands in NSW near the Qld border.

I started in computers with a Vic20 then moved to an Amstrad 64 ... when came the FDD ... I am still amazed at its size (and it still operational). However, time marches on ...

I became interested in graphics around 1995 when I chose to do some web page design ... then lost interest until last year. Hence, I had to do a lot of catch up work. I use PSP pro X and X2 and have just purchased PI X3.

I ran into a spot of bother with PI as I could not load the EasyPalettes ... so I did a web search: found this forum; registered and by the time the email came through confirming my logon details, I solved my own problem!

Anyway, I am sure I will have others though :lol: and now, I know where to get help!

Cheers
0z :)
0zlander

Postby sjj1805 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:03 am

Welcome to the forum, can't help feeling sorry for that poor chap who keeps trying to push that thing up the hill!

sjj1805

Postby cwodave » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:25 am

Just joined. I found this forum when I got Ulead Video Studio 11. I also use PSP8, 9, X, & X2. Just stumbling around I managed to successfully make my first edit of videos and turn them into a DVD today. I've tried several other programs and couldn't make it happen. It seems like the Video Studio did the trick for me. Now I have to learn more about what it can do for me.
cwodave

Postby WWVideo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:50 pm

WWVideo

Postby maryjen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:27 pm

maryjen

Postby xaci » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:24 pm

Hi guys!, I'm Alessandro, Italian, working off-shore on Persic Gulf on drilling rigs and just turned 40! :?
I discovered this forum just because I was looking for some troubleshooting on VS11+, so, I thought to sign in and look for solutions: If I cannot, I'll ask you all! :D

See you,
Alessandro.
xaci

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Chat