NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

PSP X5 ~ Save Keyboard Shortcuts

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

PSP X5 ~ Save Keyboard Shortcuts

Postby Kira Resari » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:02 pm

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to save keyboard shortcuts in PSP X5 (I recently downgraded from 2019 since some of the functions I was using most of the time were buggy). I assumed that they were saved in the workspace, but apparently, they were not.

Here's what happened:

For some reason, choice keyboard shortcuts such as `Ctrl`+`V`, `Ctrl`+`C`,`Ctrl`+`S` and even `Delete` were no longer working. Especialyl the latter was a major problem.

Checking in the keyboard shortcut list, I saw that those shortcuts were assigned to a mysterious command known as `???` that did not show up anywhere. I only ran into it when I tried to manually un- and re-assign the faulty shortcuts and got the message "Assigned to `???`".

I tried reloading my saved workspace, which I had not saved since before the problem appeared, but that did nothing (neither did restarting the program, nor the computer).

After that, I reset all keyboard shortcuts, which did solve the problem, but also took all my custom shortcuts with it.

Afterwards, I tried to restore them by reloading my saved workspace, but that did nothing.

My conclusion from this is that the keyboard shortcuts must be saved somewhere other than the workspace. I am not beyond manually making a backup of that file on my computer, but I can't seem to locate it.

Does anyone have an idea where PSP saves its keyboard shortcuts, and how I can make a backup in order to prevent such an issue in the future?

Thanks in advance,
Kira
=>,<=
Kira Resari

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: PSP X5

Return to Paint Shop Pro