NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Cleaning Edges from Background Eraser Tool

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Cleaning Edges from Background Eraser Tool

Postby bz6djs » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:33 pm

HI All, I am attempting to remove a background from an image. I have used background eraser and eraser on the image and it looks OK but I wish to refine the edges of the image and not finding and easy way to do that. Is there a REFINE Brush we can use or any method to remove maybe 1 pixel from the edge of the image? Please see the image I attached as an example of what I am seeing and wish to clean.

If you have any ideas on what I might use to clean this it would be well received.

Thanks,
Ron
Attachments
Edges not clean.jpg
bz6djs

operating_system: Windows 8 Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Toshiba
processor: Quad Core
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Nvidia
sound_card: built in
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 17" toshiba

Re: Cleaning Edges from Background Eraser Tool

Postby JoeB » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:46 pm

I downloaded your attachment and in PSP promoted the background layer then added a new raster layer under it which I flood filled with the black background that matched most of your image. Then activated the upper (image) layer and chose the Magic Wand with Match Mode RGB, tolerance 20, feather 1, antialias outside and Contiguous unchecked. I zoomed in and clicked on one of the longer white edge particles. This selected almost all of them and I hit delete, allowing the black on the bottom layer to show through, then flattened the image. You'll see that, in the attached, there are a couple of specks of white still showing which can be easily cleaned up.
Attachments
Edges_cleaned.jpg
Click to enlarge.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2019 64bit
JoeB

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400