NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

How to capture an area of a fullscreen

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

How to capture an area of a fullscreen

Postby Ken Veal » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 pm

If it is possible to capture a selected area in full screen view, how do you do that in 2019 ult ?
Ken
Ken Veal

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: msi mpg z390 gaming edge ac lga 1151 ddr4
processor: 3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i9-9900K
ram: 32 GB
Video Card: EVGA GeForceGTX 760 2GB GDDR5 PCI E 3.0
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1250GB SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus VS238H-P 23 inch Widescreen LED
Corel programs: PaintSPro2019Ult.PhotoMirage.VS.2018 Ult

Re: How to capture an area of a fullscreen

Postby JoeB » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:28 pm

Ken Veal wrote:If it is possible to capture a selected area in full screen view, how do you do that in 2019 ult ?
Ken

If you're using PSP's built-in Screenshot, then you do it the same way you would do it even if you weren't in Full Screen mode. File>Screenshot>Setup and select Area as your desired capture mode and click the Start button in that dialogue. However, in my PSP 2019 the Screenshot tool has a nasty - and extremely annoying - habit of then hiding PSP and focussing on whatever other program you might have running and that you last had in focus prior to PSP being in focus. So you then have to click on the PSP button in your taskbar to put it back in focus. Then you right click to activate the capture rectangle then left click and hold to drag out the rectangle then click the Capture button on the small toolbar that pops up.

I find PSP's Screenshot to be an extremely clunky tool, and simply hate the fact that it hides the PSP workspace as soon as you activate it and you have to unhide PSP to capture from its workspace. I use a free and extremely configurable program called Greenshot for all of my screen captures, whether capturing from PSP or any other program. It can reside in your tray, you can assign different key combos for different capture methods, or you can right-click the icon in your tray and select the capture method from the context menu that pops up. It will even capture a complete Internet Explorer page including the part hidden at the bottom that you would normally have to scroll through. And for capturing stuff in PSP's workspace it doesn't cause the PSP workspace to disappear when activated!
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2019 64bit
JoeB

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2019, 32 & 64-bit