NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Picture Tube Images

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Picture Tube Images

Postby ss-kalm » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Probably a very simple answer, but I'm very new to the software and a little lost in it frankly ...

When using a picture tube image, if the tube has multiple images, is there a way to browse and select a particular image from the tube, or do you have to drop them all down and then delete the ones you don't need/want?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keith
ss-kalm

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M_LX Plus
processor: AMD FX-6300
ram: 16GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX560
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2011
Corel programs: Paint Shop Pro X8, AfterShot 2 Pro

Re: Picture Tube Images

Postby JoeB » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:22 pm

ss-kalm wrote:Probably a very simple answer, but I'm very new to the software and a little lost in it frankly ...

When using a picture tube image, if the tube has multiple images, is there a way to browse and select a particular image from the tube, or do you have to drop them all down and then delete the ones you don't need/want?

Others might have better advice, but as far as I know you can't pick which image will be used. There might be a script available that actually saves all of the images in a picture tube panel as separate images and converts each of them to a separate tube, but I'm not sure and we'll have to wait to see if anyone responds with more info on that.

If no such script exists, Joe Fromm wrote a script called Delaminate. If makes a copy of all the layers of an image and pastes them as new, individual images into the workspace. If you were to start with a blank, transparent canvas then use a picture tube to stamp all of its images as a new layer for each stamp, you could then delaminate it and then export each individual image as a separate picture tube. You could do this with tubes you want to use regularly, and create categories to sort them in - e.g., Flowers, Lions & Tigers, Vehicles, Trees & Foliage, Stars/Sparkles, etc. It would take a bit of time to start with but make things a lot easier to find for future use. Just a thought. :-)
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2019 64bit
JoeB

operating_system: Windows 8.1
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2019, 32 & 64-bit

Postby hartpaul » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:17 pm

One way:
1. Open PSP X8 to Edit mode with Window > Tabbed documents unticked. Right click on the Windows Start and open File Explorer in windowed (rather than full screen) view so that you can see the X8 workspace to one side (drag the edges to make the explorer window smaller if you wish.)
2. Copy and paste into the Explorer address bar
c:\ProgramData\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X8\Corel_10
This will open the Picture Tubes folder. Now I will continue with the first Picture Tube which in my case is Corel_10_001.PspTube in that first folder called Corel_10_01
3. Drag and open onto the workspace that picture tube. It consists of 6 butterflies repeated to make 12 in all, against a transparent background.
4. Now choose one of the butterflies say top right green one. Use the rectangular selection tool to draw a selection around just that butterfly.
5. Right click on the image title bar and choose Copy. Right click on the empty part of the workspace and choose paste as new image. Over in your layers palette you should now see the single layer with a green butterfly thumbnail.
6. Left click on the thumbnail and drag it out onto the workspace and you will have the green butterfly with any excess transparent areas cropped off. You can minimise the group of butterflies and delete the other green butterfly (with excess transparent background). You now have a single green butterfly on a minimum of transparent area.
7. You now convert this to a tube. Making sure that the cropped image green butterfly is the active image do File > Export > Picture Tube . The Export Picture Tube dialog box will come up. You can accept the default settings as you can change the Placement options as you use the tube. Name your tube eg Green Butterfly.
8. Now prepare a new document on your workspace and select the Picture Tube tool and find your green butterfly and then use it on your document - result a plague of green butterflies.

Greenbutterflies.jpg
Systems available Win7, Win 8.1,Win 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.2007 & version 1809 Build 17763.615
hartpaul
Advisor

motherboard: AsusTex P7P55D
processor: IntelCore I 5 2.67 Ghz
ram: 8 Gb
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
sound_card: Nvidia High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1000 Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC
Corel programs: PSP8,X2 to X9,2018,2019

Postby ss-kalm » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:51 am

Thank you ... Didn't think of opening the whole tube as a document.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keith
ss-kalm

motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M_LX Plus
processor: AMD FX-6300
ram: 16GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX560
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2011