NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

How to Stop Ad Popups?

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Re: How to Stop Ad Popups?

Postby ehume » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:01 am

I seem to have Message folders everywhere, none readable: where Ken said, where Kathy said, in AppData/Local.
PS from 3, PSP from 1; Installed: PSP7, 9, 10, 11, x4, x6, x7, x8, x9; now using PSP 2018 (20.2.0.1 x64) on Win7-64; rejected PSP 2019.
ehume

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
processor: i7 4770k
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Intel HD4600
sound_card: no_sound_card
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 512GB+4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer K242HL
Corel programs: PSP 2018 64b, AS3 64b, PE5 32b

Postby trueme » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Corel - Listen Up!

There is a complete thread of annoyed users (you know those people who keep you in business) because of your intrusive ad popups. I just purchased a number of products via upgrade (based on an EMAIL ad), and now I'm like the rest here - I can't stop the ad popups. And since I purchased numerous products, I have to go into each one to turn off. And of course, like everyone else, that doesn't work! Serious, this is:

• Extremely Unprofessional for a company of your reputation
  • Annoying to the point I will never consider another upgrade, let alone new products
  • Driving business away from your products, not to them
  • The brainchild of an idiot (we get email ads, ads when we open your software and Operating System Popup ads - imagine our user experience if every software vendor did this!)
  • Makes you an embarrassment as a professional company (did you hire the guy from the 90's that ran the X10 spam ads)
  • I believe may put you in violation of GDPR, if considered via the intrusive nature of installing to the OS without permission

Act like an adult:

• Apologize to all your customers
  • Push an update that removes these OS popups
  • Let people opt-in for email and program startup ads
trueme

operating_system: Windows 10

Postby ehume » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:05 am

trueme wrote:Corel - Listen Up!

There is a complete thread of annoyed users (you know those people who keep you in business) because of your intrusive ad popups. I just purchased a number of products via upgrade (based on an EMAIL ad), and now I'm like the rest here - I can't stop the ad popups. And since I purchased numerous products, I have to go into each one to turn off. And of course, like everyone else, that doesn't work! Serious, this is:

• Extremely Unprofessional for a company of your reputation
  • Annoying to the point I will never consider another upgrade, let alone new products
  • Driving business away from your products, not to them
  • The brainchild of an idiot (we get email ads, ads when we open your software and Operating System Popup ads - imagine our user experience if every software vendor did this!)
  • Makes you an embarrassment as a professional company (did you hire the guy from the 90's that ran the X10 spam ads)
  • I believe may put you in violation of GDPR, if considered via the intrusive nature of installing to the OS without permission

Act like an adult:

• Apologize to all your customers
  • Push an update that removes these OS popups
  • Let people opt-in for email and program startup ads
In addition to all of this, there is the price, which keeps fluctuating.
PS from 3, PSP from 1; Installed: PSP7, 9, 10, 11, x4, x6, x7, x8, x9; now using PSP 2018 (20.2.0.1 x64) on Win7-64; rejected PSP 2019.
ehume

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
processor: i7 4770k
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Intel HD4600
sound_card: no_sound_card
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 512GB+4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer K242HL
Corel programs: PSP 2018 64b, AS3 64b, PE5 32b