NEW! PhotoMirage

What do you like in PSP 2018?

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Re: What do you like in PSP 2018?

Postby tyger_purr » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Larger icons makes PSP so much easier to use on my tablet.

Now we just need the tool option palette to be more tablet/touch screen friendly.
tyger_purr

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby MickG » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:29 am

Hi,
For the couple of hours or so that I used it, it looked like it might be an excellent and worthy replacement for PS. However, I had to quit using it and get a refund from Corel, because a crucial part of the editing program, namely the 'clone brush', doesn't work with 'gray-scale' images (and was not real good with color either). I do a lot of B&W film shooting and restorations and without the 'clone' tool the program is practically useless to me.
When I contacted Corel about the issue the tech told me they already know about the problem and they MAY OR MAY NOT remedy it in a future update or release! Not very reassuring, to say the least.
Anyway, I hope the problem IS fixed, because, as I say, I liked what I did see.
(I know the thread is what I LIKE about PSP 2018, hope this is in keeping with that)
Thanks
MickG
MickG

processor: AMD Phenom II 945 Quad Core
ram: 12GB
Video Card: Nvidia
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 12TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE2717
Corel programs: PaintShop Pro X7

Postby JoeB » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:06 pm

MickG wrote:Hi,
For the couple of hours or so that I used it, it looked like it might be an excellent and worthy replacement for PS. However, I had to quit using it and get a refund from Corel, because a crucial part of the editing program, namely the 'clone brush', doesn't work with 'gray-scale' images (and was not real good with color either). I do a lot of B&W film shooting and restorations and without the 'clone' tool the program is practically useless to me.
When I contacted Corel about the issue the tech told me they already know about the problem and they MAY OR MAY NOT remedy it in a future update or release! Not very reassuring, to say the least.
Anyway, I hope the problem IS fixed, because, as I say, I liked what I did see.
(I know the thread is what I LIKE about PSP 2018, hope this is in keeping with that)
Thanks
MickG

See my reply to you in your original thread.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2018 (20.2.0.1 x64)
JoeB

operating_system: Windows 8.1
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2018, 32 & 64-bit

Postby LeGrand » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:59 pm

Everything except its really slower then X10, Have a ticket for that but they tell me to upgrade to Win 10 ,Thats all really deceipt of that answer
Ford GT and Mustang lovers
LeGrand

motherboard: Asus I 7 2600
processor: Intel 3.4 ghz
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: NVidia GT740
sound_card: include inboard Asus
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3 T 500SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 2 Asus IPS HDMI
Corel programs: VS2018,X10,PSP2018,CDX7 WINDVD AfterShot

Postby debster222 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:07 pm

I just got it today and used it on a small project. So far, so good. I was so excited to see this new version. I had not idea it existed. I thought PSP 9 was about the end of the road for this program. I've used it for over a decade, so this is great!
I was able to figure out the interface pretty quickly and it seems that the tool and effect files, etc. from PSP 9 are compatible. I like the way the text tool works in this version. I'm excited to see what's new as I go along here! :D
debster222

operating_system: Windows 10
Corel programs: PSP 2018

Postby gayle1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:05 am

Most of it's good but I just HATE the new crop tool. I hate the way it can be dragged outside the edge of the image and doesn't snap back to the edge like the earlier ones did; I hate the way the window adds space around the image. I'm sure you are going to say there is some sort of setting for that, and I know if I had the time I could learn its new ways and might even grow to like it, but for now I am tempted to go back to X9 just because I am used to its methods. I dread each time I need to crop something.
gayle1

operating_system: Windows 10

Postby ehume » Thu May 31, 2018 4:51 am

What I like about PSP 2018. I used the original Paint Shop before there was a PSP. I transferred over from PS 3 to PSP 1. Still have PSP7 installed (a JASC pre-X build). Mostly I use PSP 2018 these days. I shoot in RAW, use Silkypix to output TIF files, which I pick up with PSP to make JPG's.

I like the Help site. Being a website the Corel folks can update it quicker than JASC ever updated their Help files. I learned tonight that I can deform an image by pressing the Shift key. Wonderful. And there are more distortions available by holding down shift-CTRL. Left-clicking will allow me to widen and make an image taller and there is a handle for rotating. So it's all there! Thanks, Corel dudes.
ehume

motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
processor: i7 4770k
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Intel HD4600
sound_card: no_sound_card
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 512GB+4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer K242HL
Corel programs: PSP 64b, AS 64b, PE 32b