NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Smart Selection Brush Freezes Program

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Re: Smart Selection Brush Freezes Program

Postby cvnativeinpa » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:03 am

I've checked the Preferences and I have a scratch disk enabled. But how would I go about using it?
cvnativeinpa

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby cvnativeinpa » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 am

Thanks for your help. After uninstalling and reinstalling the program, and still having the same issue, I finally made it work. How I did it was I updated Java, (I'm sure this doesn't make sense, but what the heck) went into File Preferences in PSP, and checked all the boxes for the formats that the application would use. Then I went into the PSP temp and cache folders and deleted the files there. It seems to be working now.
cvnativeinpa

operating_system: Windows 10

Postby JoeB » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:25 pm

cvnativeinpa wrote:I've checked the Preferences and I have a scratch disk enabled. But how would I go about using it?

First, you use the dropdown underneath the checkbox to see what disc drives you have available and how much free space each of them have. Select one of those drives as your scratch disc. Then you don't do anything because PSP simply uses that disc as the disc to read/write temporary files to when performing various operations, particularly those which involve memory intensive operations. The scratch disc can be used in those circumstances where there is insufficient memory to retain and allow retrieval of necessary information, things like working with a large number of images, multiple layers, multiple memory intensive adjustments, etc.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2019 64bit
JoeB

operating_system: Windows 8.1
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2019, 32 & 64-bit

Postby confundido » Sat May 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Just bought 2019. 1st thing I tried to do was use Smart Select. Just touching the image once with Smart Selection freezes the program. Win7 64 bit.
confundido

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
Hard_Drive_Capacity: Scottsdale

Previous

Return to Paint Shop Pro