NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

How to make this mist with X3?

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

How to make this mist with X3?

Postby buster89 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 am

Hi. I'd like to know is there possible to create mist for example like this:
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3139/potc3group1024x768.jpg
I'd like to make an image absolutely like this, but with other person who is arrives from mist too.

Thanks for helping, and sorry for my bad grammar. :)
buster89

Re: How to make this mist with X3?

Postby buster89 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:37 pm

buster89 wrote:Hi. I'd like to know is there possible to create mist for example like this:
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3139/potc3group1024x768.jpg
I'd like to make an image absolutely like this, but with other person who is arrives from mist too.

Thanks for helping, and sorry for my bad grammar. :)

Nobody? :(
buster89

Postby df » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Your website throws me a virus warning.

What you're asking us to explain would take a quite lengthy explanation. You'll want to select the "other person who is arrives from mist" from another photo using one of the selection tools (smart edge, free hand, magic wand, etc...) then paste that onto the base image as another layer. Use the Pick tool to place the person in the right spot and to resize them on your image. You'll then need to add a mask layer, show all to the person you're adding. Reduce the opacity to the foggy part of the person to let the fog through giving the illusion of the fog being in front of them. To do that use a gradient like what's explained here viewtopic.php?f=56&t=38582

There's a lot more fine tuning than that but it will get you in the vicinity of what you're wanting to do.

When you're satisfied with the results then save the image as a PSP file first, then save as a Jpeg (never save over the original image, then it's altered for ever and that's a bad habit to use). If you have to adjust anything, the PSP file will still have the layers for you to adjust, saving you from having to start over from scratch.

Sorry, I just reallized you're asking how to make the mist as opposed to just adding people to this image. You'll need to find a mist image and then work the files from there with the cut and paste type stuff that I talked about before.
Regards, Dan

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."
df

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: 2.6 Ghz i7-6700HQ
ram: 16gb
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 960M
sound_card: onboard sound
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 Tb

Postby LeviFiction » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:56 am

Yes you can make an image with mist like that. And df has some great suggestions. I'd like to add to that.

You can also download the ever elusive 2DHyperClouds plugin to get the awesome Render Clouds filter that Corel's engineers just refuse to add to Paint Shop Pro

I'm afraid I no longer have a download for it, but there is a very quick demonstration on YouTube about it should you find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzLe_rWGF4A

I won't say that it won't be slightly difficult, but don't get worked up about all that has to be done. Play around with it and you'll find many different ways to approach adding mist like that.
LeviFiction
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: PSP: 8, 9, X, XI, X2, X8,X9, 2018, 2019

Postby marty2010 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Try this link, 2DHyperClouds plugin zip download:

http://www.simtel.net/product/view/id/17536
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell