NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Muliple Copies of .Wav Files in Working Folder

CD & DVD Picture Show

Muliple Copies of .Wav Files in Working Folder

Postby AKav » Wed May 13, 2009 2:05 pm

At the risk of being a forum hog, I have a question about working folders which contain .wav files.

I posted yesterday that I was trying to free up space on my hard drive because I don't like it to get too full. I have about 7GB of stuff in my working files for my slideshows and planned to try to move them to an external drive. Upon looking closer this morning, I see the source of that number: I have multiple copies of the same .wav files in the subfolder for "Ulead CD-Wav File." I believe I know why. I often make individual slideshows and then save them as .mpeg files. Then I turn around and make a separate slideshow which contains the .mpegs - a slidehow assortment of sorts. I also sometimes make a slideshow and then come back weeks or months later and upgrade it with different photos or text. The file size on some of these songs is massive but it appears that every time I add a song (using +) it is saved as a unique .wav file in the working folder.

I'm considering deleting the multiple versions of .wav files which have been saved and then going back to the individual slideshow in which I used the song and adding it back under the theme tab. Does this sound doable to anyone?

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to explain my issue in terms which could be understood. I hope it worked!
AKav

Postby Ron P. » Thu May 14, 2009 9:23 am

Simply any files in a working folder of Ulead products are as you have found duplicates. So long as you don't need those specific files again, and/or have the originals safely backed up elsewhere, you're safe in deleting those files in your working folder(s).

FWIW, once I'm done working on a project, I'll purge my working folder so it doesn't become too cluttered.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Postby AKav » Thu May 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks, vidoman! I had no clue that I would need to purge my working folders occasionally. No wonder my hard drive was getting short on space since I had 2 years worth of .wav files in the audio subfolder. Duh! I've cleaned out all but those I really need and now have plenty of hard drive space to fiddle with for a few years yet.

Thanks again!
AKav

Re: Muliple Copies of .Wav Files in Working Folder

Postby LishaZec » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:17 am

Occasional clean up of hard drive is necessary to give more space. Only keep those video files that are important.
Lisha
LishaZec

operating_system: Windows XP Home

Postby raykevinnn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:33 pm

having experienced the same problems, i fear that i might delete the wrong files, why doesnt this problem be highlighted as a but in the system so that in the next release its fixed
I love corel
raykevinnn

operating_system: Windows 7 Starter

Postby canuck » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:05 am

There really is nothing that can be fixed since it simply comes down to proper user maintenance of your system

Why would you fear deleting the wrong file? Don't you have them properly backed up somewhere else?
canuck

operating_system: Windows 8.1

Return to CD&DVD Picture Show