NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Slideshow effects not saved: Someone PLEASE RESPOND

CD & DVD Picture Show

Slideshow effects not saved: Someone PLEASE RESPOND

Postby dsnow23 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:21 pm

This is a rewording of my previous post since 24 people have read it and no one has replied yet. Maybe I wasn't specific enough about the problem. It could be that I don't fully understand how Pictureshow 4 is suppose to work or that mine is not working correctly. Here is the issue restated: I create a slideshow with transitions and music and test it in the small preview window and it works fine. I save the show and close the PS-4. When I re-open the PS-4 and go to file, open, select the slideshow and the dialog box opens with the small thumbnail of the slideshow in the left pane and the actual slides in the right pane. If I right click on the thumbnail in the left pane and click play
the slideshow begins to play full screen but without any music or transitions. If however I go back to the preview pane and click on the theme tab (2) the the slideshow tab and press play it works fine but only plays on the small preview screen. It seems to me that when I right click on the thumbnail and click play the slideshow should play full screen with all of the transition and music but that doesn't happen on mine. Would someone with PS-4 PLEASE RESPOND and tell me if this is the way the program is suppose to work or if there is something wrong with my PS-4

THanks in advance
Dennis
Dennis
dsnow23

Postby Ron P. » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Sorry for the lack of any immediate response on this. This is one of the many EOL (End of Life) Ulead products. Corel has discontinued development, so there are not many people using this product, that frequent the web board.

I don't have or use it, however in reviewing the User Guide, it would appear what you're experiencing is the correct behavior of the program. Any themes, music, ect., are applied through the preview pane.

Hopefully someone that uses PS4 will be able to provide you with more assistance. Until then please be patient...

I might also note that we have been experiencing a lot of problems with the web board. This has been brought to Corel's attention, repeatedly by the web board staff. Due to this, it seems that we are slowly loosing good members, that have been providing a great deal of help. This forum (PS4) is one that seems to be suffering from this.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Dennis, It's Fine

Postby AKav » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Dennis- I'm no expert and am a user like you. I've used this software for almost 2 years. Yours is fine. I had to print your question and try it to figure out what you were talking about. It never even occurred to me to double click the thumbnail in the preview pane on the left. When I did, I saw what you described. My slideshow with no transitions or special effects.

Just use the theme tab to preview your project. You can output it onto a DVD or a CD or you can save it as a video file (.mpeg) file and then burn it onto a CD. I make both versions for the nonprofits I work with. I've had some other issues with the software but most have been resolved by reloading the program. Make sure you save the .exe file a CD in case you have to do a clean install later.

Aubrie
AKav

Re: Dennis, It's Fine

Postby Ron P. » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:36 am

AKav wrote:Dennis- I'm no expert and am a user like you. I've used this software for almost 2 years.
Aubrie

We too are not "experts", but users like you, and started out here on the forums, doing just as you Aubrie...

Thanks for jumping in and helping out...:) :)
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB