NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Video Output Quality

CD & DVD Picture Show

Video Output Quality

Postby AKav » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:03 pm

I have a very short video I developed for use as a public service announcement. I selected the option to output it as a video and will be taking it to a local business to have them put it on a mini-dv for television use. I'm not hopeful that the quality will be high enough to actually be used.

My question is this: on the video output, there are multiple options. I selected the option to save my video in "hiqh quality." It is possible to customize the settings for output but I can find nothing in the user manual which explains these customized settings. Is it possible to get even higher quality through customizing or can I assume that by selecting "high quality" I'm getting the best possible output available?

Thanks in advance for any responses. This forum has always been very helpful to me and I really like this product.
AKav

Postby michaeltee » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:35 pm

I'm running 64 bit Vista and don't have access to my XP machine with DVDPS4 at the moment but if memory serves, the high quality video setting will output your file in the mpeg2 DVD compliant format, 4:3 aspect ratio. That's the best you can do with DVDPS4. If the local TV station opts to air your spot they may convert it to meet their technical standards. They may also apply various types of digital filtering to improve the overall audio and/or video quality. In any case, your clip will not suffer any loss in quality when digitally transferred to mini-DV. Nothing you produce in DVDPS4 is likely to measure up to a spot produced in a professional environment but that doesn't necessarily mean the clip can't be aired.
Last edited by michaeltee on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaeltee
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2B17
processor: AMD A8-7600 Kaveri 28nm
ram: 16.0 GB DC
Video Card: AMD R7 Graphics
sound_card: IDT High Definition Audio + Breakaway Pipeline
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB SATA 3
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2310m
Corel programs: Installed - PSPX9 PSP2018 VSX10

Thank You

Postby AKav » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:33 pm

Thank you for your repsonse. I figured my little project would never meet regular industry standards but as long as it's the best I can get out of the software, that's all I can ask. At least I'll know I tried. I have it out being "translated" to something called Mini-DV and will just wait and see how it turns out.

Thank you again for your input!
AKav

Return to CD&DVD Picture Show