NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Uninstall/Re-install WinDVDpro 11

Uninstall/Re-install WinDVDpro 11

Postby BJB » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:25 pm

I have read the posts of people that already have an activation/license issue, but since I have not done this yet, did not want to hijack those threads.
In my case, I am successfully running WinDVDpro11 on Windows 7.

I am going to move to a new hard drive, and fresh install (not upgrade install) of windows 10.

What is the correct way to do this so I do NOT run into an activation/license issue?

Further, although I see download links for patches, what do I do...install the "trial version" and then input my serial number or something?

Just trying to avoid problems by checking in advance. FWIW I do have my serial number obtained by my login on the main Corel site.

Thanks,
BJB
BJB

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C

Re: Uninstall/Re-install WinDVDpro 11

Postby lata » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:10 am

Hi

As I write this reply-----I am installing Win DVD 11 Trial to a new installation of Windows 7
I installed the trial version as that was my original program (as purchased) then I would apply any patches updates as appropriate.
For my own reasons I run the trial activated but without updates as some of the new features do not work for me.

During the install I am asked to install the google toolbar, deselected that option.

After install the program launches with a panel to choose recommended settings.
Then a welcome to the free 30 day trial Continue and I am presented with a panel to register the product

Using my Corel account E-mail address and password to sign-in ( a few attempts to remember that password)
And the program launches.

When I close the program I get the 30 day trial panel allowing me to select Already Purchased
Here I input my product Serial Number and Activation code

If all fails --- You are also given a choice to Phone Corel

I have installed the program many times and never had a problem with activation until now, the program is saying my numbers are not correct (kiss of death)

Hmmm, embarrassing

Post Updated

Even though I received errors when trying to activate the program, it now launches and runs ok without showing the Trial period notification when closing.

I don’t quite understand that.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby BJB » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:57 pm

Thanks for that detailed reply!
Glad it is working again for you to.

One more question. Do you still have to install ALL the patches in order? I see there is a new "service pack 5" out there. Wonder if I need to track down 1 to 4?

BJB
BJB

Postby lata » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi

I always install my purchased version, then install any Service Packs.
As far as I know Win DVD service packs re-installs the whole program to a new version rather than updating the original. Notice the size of the SP.

The program may provide auto updates, if not access the Corel Guide, one of the icons top right.
Then access the Cogwheels again top right to Check for Updates.

For me the trial version is all I need, that allows me to play Bluray folders containing the menu, I created those folders using Video studio.
I use WinDVD to check my movie quality before burning a disc.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby SLM285 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:05 am

I have over 10 copies of this WinDVD
I have almost every version of WinDVD and now there is WinDVD BD. I spent much in doing this
I do not use WinDVD from some one - the many people that force the trial version to always work for free
I can prove people do and perhaps show where on the internet once again where they are
I can prove I have WinDVDpro 11 its in my collection were I never use it along with all the others.
I did manage to get a rebate in USA - Cost $59 - $50 = $ 9 USD total cost
Therefore knowing something about Corel I doubt that there is any way you can Uninstall/Re-install WinDVDpro 11
Without putting in your information - depending on which Image disc I used I guess
You could try buying image making software to make discs yet you can get it free
When you buy your Hard Drive or Solid State Drive from some companies - it just might work
When I backed up Windows 7 pro 64bit with a Image disc it failed when I tried to use the Toshiba WinDVD BD 2010
SLM285

motherboard: Notebook
processor: Intel i7
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Integrated Video and CPU
sound_card: Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 60GB SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Notebook Screen
Corel programs: Corel WinDVD BD 2010 + others