NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Is my WindDVD Pro 11 registered/activated?

Is my WindDVD Pro 11 registered/activated?

Postby chuckcm » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:56 pm

I wipe out and reinstall different operating systems often. Mostly Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and early versions of 10. Mostly, trying everything out that I use to see if they work in the new OS but then going back to 7. I don't always remember to uninstall before wiping out, so I ended up getting the "max activations" a year or so ago. I found the faq about if you got that you could pay $20 or so for a one time customer service, but WinDVD Pro 11 was on sale for just a little more than that at the time. So I just got a new license.

Well, I installed the final version of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit yesterday and enough stuff works that I'm staying with it. When I tried installing WinDVD Pro 11, I messed up and tried using the old key that had max activations. Now that I found the newer license key, I can't find where to enter it. I'm not sure what happened but on the about tab it says Corel WinDVD Pro 11 Version: 11.7.0.2 LOGID301110 and that this copy is registered to my email address. Is it activated now or will it eventually ask for the key again? Everything seems to be working. Just find it odd. Maybe they reset the old key because of Windows 10 release or something?
chuckcm

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Is my WindDVD Pro 11 registered/activated?

Postby salogan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:37 pm

I am in the same situation, except the message I get is that it is registered to my user name for the computer.

I am dumbfounded that it seemingly automatically registered to the computer username without inquiry, and then there is no way to "unlock" the program and avoid the 30 day trial limitation. I have googled and searched on the corel website and found no answer

'what is the difference between activation. unlocking and registration of the product anyway.

What is the answer? I recently bought it through newegg, and none of the solutions in the reviews solved my problem. I get error message when I tried to register on the corel website, something about the serial, or key number already used. No doubt every person who purchased it and got a card with an unlock code got the same code.
salogan

motherboard: toshiba portable pc mp
processor: 2.30 gHz Intel core i5-4200U
ram: 8 gb
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics Family
sound_card: Realtek HD audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 750 gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: generic pnp monitor
Corel programs: windvd pro 11

Postby PJ70 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:03 pm

Same thing here too. My copy says it is registered to the account I installed the computer under. Does anyone from Corel read these boards? If they do read them, do they ever answer?
PJ70

motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
processor: AMD FX-4150
ram: 32 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG TV
Corel programs: WinDVD Pro 11

Postby lata » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:27 am

Hi guys

Unfortunately Corel employees do not visit the forums that much, although a gentleman called Aris has been known to help here, I have passed this posts details on to him, hopefully he will comment.

If your copy of PowerDVD says its registered it will be using your e-mail address, your registration details can be viewed on the Corel site within your accounts Products Details.

Chucken, I don’t know why you had to purchase a new licence key, that does not seem right????

Salogan, I don’t know why you should be seeing the 30 day trial, try running the program with your internet disconnected, that should prompt you to register receive the serial number via the phone, You may be able to add your existing numbers. Worth a try?
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby PJ70 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:08 pm

My copy says it is registered, but says it is registered to the setup account I used to do a clean install of Windows 10. When I checked the Corel site for registered products, it said I don't have any registered products. I still have the email for the activation code when I installed it initially back in January. I didn't realize I had a problem until I tried to update the install with SP 5. It was then, when applying the service pack, that it said I didn't have a registered product after the setup uninstalled the original download.
PJ70

motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
processor: AMD FX-4150
ram: 32 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG TV
Corel programs: WinDVD Pro 11

Postby arischen » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:23 am

Hi,

You can send a private e-mail to aris.chen@corel.com to describe your problem in detail and provide the product serial number as well.
I will try to find the solution for your case.

Sincerely,
Aris
arischen
Corel

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional

Return to WinDVD