NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Playback with current display driver is not supported

Playback with current display driver is not supported

Postby rccc_user » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:47 am

I'm getting this error message and I'm not sure why. This was running fine a while back with my same hardware when I had Windows Vista. But after upgrading to Windows 7 WinDVD stopped playing my Blu Rays.

I upgraded quite some time ago (fresh install of Windows 7 on reformatted disk). And after re-installing everything, WinDVD 11 Pro didn't work anymore. Just getting back to it now to try and figure out why it's not working. I've upgraded my WinDVD to the latest version (11.7), and I updated my NVIDIA driver today the the latest version (341.44) and still get this error.

Is my video card not supported by WinDVD under Windows 7? Even though it worked with Vista? I've tried 1/2 dozen Blu Ray discs that I know were working previously and I get the error every time. DVDs work fine. Just no Blu Rays.

My Video Card is a GeForce 8800 GTX and using the DVI adapter to my Samsung monitor. Again, I've not had any hardware changes to my system since moving to Windows 7 (other than adding 1 TB backup drive).

Any insight or things I might try?
rccc_user

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUS P5N-D 1.xx
processor: 2.40 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
sound_card: built-in
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1.4 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung SyncMaster T240HD

Re: Playback with current display driver is not supported

Postby lata » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:32 am

Hi

And welcome to the forums

Sorry you are having problems running WinDVD.
We are volunteers helping others on this forum, unfortunately I doubt we can help with this particular problem
There are few Corel employees visiting these forum, however arischen a guy from Corel has helped with WinDVD issues, maybe a Private Message to him may help.
Please read this post
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=55437#p302854

Corel also have a Facebook account, as far as I know staffed by Corel employees and should receive a reply.

I did a search of the Corel Knowledge base for “Driver” and found some details regarding:-

WinDVD 11 Pro Crashes Upon Launch
Display Environment Message When Playing Blu Ray Movies

You don’t give details of the actual error message you are getting, so I don’t really know what to look for.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD