NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Windvd 2010 pro AACS error

Windvd 2010 pro AACS error

Postby fatbob07 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:38 am

Windvd pro 2010 on WIndows 7 x64

I put the blu-ray disc in. Windvd opens. I get an error screen after a few seconds which reads "Windvd has stopped playback due to an AACS check error". There is no option to update or do anything other than press OK.

I have tried every choice of compatability mode and running as administrator without success.

I note that version 2 Protexis is installed and the service is running on automatic.

The product is updated to version 10.0.5.819 LOGID119559

Original download (upon purchase) was updated to service pack 1 already. I updated straight to patch6_nov from the website and then patch7_jan through the software messages function.

I have dual boot on my machine with XP Pro. I have uninstalled the product off Windows 7 and installed the product on XP Pro and it seems to work fine with blu-ray titles.

But I obviously want the product to work on Windows 7 boot.

In fact the only reason why I have XP Pro installed as well is to get round this problem!

All software installed on my computer is paid for and registered.

Thanks in advance for your time.

John
fatbob07

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Crosshair
processor: AMD 64 x2 6000+
ram: 2GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon 4600 HD Series
sound_card: Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs platinum pro
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3400gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW

Re: Windvd 2010 pro AACS error

Postby nepenthe » Sat May 14, 2011 6:07 pm

fatbob07 -

Now you know why a substantial cadre of power users staunchly adhere to XP Pro.

I suggest disabling Duplex Secure:

http://bit.ly/k0QQDW

Then disable Protexis:

http://bit.ly/iAcrNU

Be sure you have the latest AACS key:

http://bit.ly/by5AWy

Please post back in this thread and apprise us of your success (or lack of it).

nepenthe
nepenthe

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3P
processor: i-7 860
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 SOC
sound_card: onboard Realtec audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 600 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: NEC MultiSync EA192M

Postby fatbob07 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 am

Hello and thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately:

1/ Duplex Secure - there is no mention of this upon startup in safe mode, nor is there a registry entry as described in the linked article, so I cannot disable what isn't there?!

2/ Protexis workaround - I have tried this before without success. Just in case however I have tried it again on the newest install (which I hadn't messed about with apart from updating it) to no avail. I have done as instructed in the article and also tried the few suggestions of the users' posts beneath the article and whatever I do I still get the same error message, although I think startup is a little quicker with Protexis disabled.

3/ AACS key update - I have been sent to this Corel web page on countless occassions and I do not think it applies to my situation? As I described in my original post my error message does not mention key expiry or updating. It simply states that there is an "AACS check error" - the only thing I can do it click OK. I have previously thought that maybe I do need a updated key, but since the software doesn't give me the option to do it I don't know how to proceed or if I need to.

Further, there are no entries in the messages section of the program, and the update function reckons there is nothing to update.

Please get back with your thoughts ppl.

Thanks

John
fatbob07

Postby RozH » Tue May 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Having same error with a registered version of WinDVD Pro 2010 on Windows 7 machine. Software won't ask for an AACS key update and I can find no way to get it to update it. Neither of the other 2 suggestions are applicable asI cnanot find either service in my registry so i am assuming it is the AACS key tat need supdating somehow.

I ca run Blu Ray dsics on the machine using another (trial at the moment) software so I know everything else is ok. Getting annoyed with WinDVD which we paid for when we uprgaded to Windows & so we could continue to watc Blu Ray discs. Worked fine for ages then after having to do a compelte reinstall it stopped working and has been a pain ever since.
RozH

32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Postby fatbob07 » Sat May 28, 2011 12:34 pm

RIght. I am posting this whilst holding on to an enormous plank of wood.

I have gone pretty much through my blu ray collection and Windvd has worked every time without fail. There is a first time for everything!

My software is all up to date (after some faffing about because installshield was failing) - my software was downloaded upon purchase updated to upgrade pack 2. Even though they say upgrade pack 6 contains all packs prior to it, I decided to install 3 4 5 and 6 one after each other, having restarted windows each time, and without opening the program once.

Now, as far as i'm aware upgrade pack 7 is only available through the messages window within the program. I had previously had trouble with this because it would not install properly - installshield failed. I found that it had downloaded the exe file however. So I copied this to my desktop.

So this time, having installed upgrade pack 6 and restarted windows again, instead of opening the program and trying to use the messages function to install upgrade pack 7 I simply used the exe file that I copied from the previous attempt. This installed fine. Then I restarted windows for the final time and opened Windvd for the first time.

I did get the AACS check error message, and probably still would get it, however it does not appear if I try to watch the blu ray disc as follows:

Either:

Have the disc tray open with the disc on the tray before starting Windvd

or :

Put the blu ray in after having already started Windvd.

In either cases so long as I don't start the program with a blu ray already in the tray (closed)

AND Windvd is opened administrator

it works every time...!!!

To me it seems well strange that I have to do it like this, but at the end of the day what I have described above is not a massive deal now that I know I have to do it.

And finally, I am happy :)

I hope this helps somebody

Cheers
fatbob07

Postby dsherrets » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:01 am

I have the exact same problems as above. I've installed the updates to patch 7.5.
Yet I still get an AACS check error. Starting WINDVD PRO 2010 without a disc in the drive
does nothing to help the problem. The software will not tell me that I need an AACS update bla bla bla....

Anyone have a hint how to fix this?
dsherrets

ram: 8 G
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB

Postby teknisyan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:04 pm

You may want to visit this KB Article for additional information on how to update your AACS

http://corel.force.com/index/articles/e ... Key-Update
Like reading blogs?
About Tech
About Sports
Pnoy.Me - A URL Shortener
Follow me on Facebook & Twitter
teknisyan

motherboard: Sony Corporation VAIO
processor: Intel Corel i5
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
sound_card: Realtek HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 GB

Postby Smiley » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:18 pm

I have the exact same problems as above. I've installed the updates to patch 7.5.
Yet I still get an AACS check error. Starting WINDVD PRO 2010 without a disc in the drive
does nothing to help the problem. The software will not tell me that I need an AACS update bla bla bla....

Windows updates, Blu-ray drive firmware update, uninstalls of latest software, maybe a system restore or image backup might work.

Same problem after reinstalling... Registery wipe and 3 installs. More time wasted tring to keep this program up and running.

Oh yeah dl'ed the purchased version not the free demo. add patch #6 labeled as 7.5 goof-ups.

My recommended 3D playback fix is TMT5.
Smiley

motherboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe
processor: 3.4GHz Intel 2600K
ram: 16Gb
Video Card: 2X nVidia GTX560Ti SLI
sound_card: onboard Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus VG236 120Hz 3D Display + 2 each VH236 60Hz

Postby beveled45 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:05 am

Same problem here. WinDVD Pro 2010: tried updates, tried reinstall, tried the suggestions by others in this thread, etc., with no success. Still get the same message: "WinDVD has stopped playback due to an AACS check error..." All I can do is click "OK". There is no place to update the key or anything else. This is extremely frustrating!
beveled45

motherboard: Dell 0M017G
processor: Intel Core2 2.53 GHz
ram: 4GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570
sound_card: ATI High Definition Audio Device
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 750GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Hanns.G HG281

Postby Sonapm162 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:05 pm

I've had the same problem for a few months now. One of the main reasons I got this machine (a Sony VAIO with Windows 7) was because it would play Blu-ray discs. Soon after purchase, I upgraded from Sony's OEM version of WinDVD to Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro, and I used it successfully last August when I went on vacation. A few months ago, I started getting the error every time I inserted a Blu-ray disc telling me WinDVD had stopped due to an AACS error. I even contacted Corel Support and they sent me a few emails, one of which suggested that I try opening WinDVD in another temporary User account on my machine, which I tried to no avail. In the meantime, my Internet access went down for about a week, during which time they had sent me another email that informed me they were closing my case due to no response from me. Now I can't even find an access point to their online support. It's extremely frustrating. It seems like Corel doesn't want to support their product
Sonapm162

motherboard: Sony VAIO
processor: Intel Quad Core i7 1.60GHz
ram: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 310M
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3.75 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Sony t Flat Panel (16.2"vis, November 20

Postby SnapDragon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Same Again ... all working fine until I did the 7.5 update, only to find this persistent error. Uninstalled, re-installed, yet absolutely nothing works. Unable to even start the program without getting the message:

"WinDVD has stopped playback due to an AACS check error."

I find it truly amazing that Corel have absolutely nothing about this in their self-help support area, yet so many people are encountering this issue.

Could somebody from Corel please post a solution that will help resolve this issue.

Thank you.
SnapDragon

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate

Postby SnapDragon » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:50 am

OK ... despite saying nothing much about the issue here, Corel Support most definitely do know about it.

I sent them an email and within 24 hours they sent a very short reply (saying nothing but "Please click on the link ..." etc), with a link to an update "WinDVD 2010 Pro Upgrade 20110616.exe"

So, email Corel Support with your registration details and they will send you the fix.

Shame they're not more forthcoming here, but at least they have a fix and can have the problem sorted for you pretty quickly.
SnapDragon

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate

Postby Ron P. » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:09 am

Shame they're not more forthcoming here,

First, I apologize for not being present more in this part of the web board. However without any knowledge of this program, I really have nothing much to offer in the way of help. The majority of the staff here, are from the old Ulead User to User Web Board, and are versed in the various former Ulead brands. WinDVD is about the only program that came from Intervideo, which was tied in with Ulead during Corel's acquisitions. I had WinDVD 9 Plus, didn't like it and so never used it or pursued anything more about it.

Next, this is a User to User web board and forums. It is managed and staffed by users of the various Corel Digital Media brands. Corel does not read these posts, aside from a couple of Corel reps that visit occasionally, which is not in their official capacity, but on their free time.

Sadly the same thing occurs with the other products, such as PaintShop Pro. There is an unofficial 5th service pack that has been floating around for a couple of months now, but has yet to be published by Corel. This is not a good way to do business.

"We" are not more forthcoming here, because we know about as much as anyone else knew on this forum. ;)
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Postby evknucklehead » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:34 pm

SnapDragon wrote:So, email Corel Support with your registration details and they will send you the fix.

Hmm. I've tried submitting a question through the support site, but I keep getting an error message about the ticket not being created. Which is odd, considering the page also says that the ticket has been successfully created just above the error message...

I'll try submitting the question again through Internet Explorer, instead of Safari, to see if that helps. But if it doesn't, is there a more direct method for emailing support?

Edit: I got the same result when I tried submitting the question through Internet Explorer. Any suggestions?
evknucklehead

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: Intel DG45ID
processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz
ram: 6GB
Video Card: PNY-Built nvidia Geforce GTX 285
sound_card: IDT High Definition Integrated
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2.3 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS VG236

Postby beveled45 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:43 am

Update: It is now nearly two months since I posted about this issue on this forum and over two months since I first experienced it. I still cannot watch Blu-rays on my computer with this issue. The ticket I opened with Corel was closed and in the status column it says "Investigating". Investigating???

So I opened a new case and I got a link to the patch referred to by snapdragon in an earlier post in this thread. The AACS problem is fixed, but now the player says that the region is wrong. I went into the settings and found that the BD Title region setting was NOT SET to ANY region at all and I had ZERO remaining changes. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem after using the AACS patch, but I do know that a couple other people have experienced this issue with WinDVD 2010. I had applied the patch on a clean install of WinDVD 2010. If I had to guess...there is a registry key or file that is not affected by uninstalling OR there is an issue with the patch. Just to be sure, I tried my test Blu-Ray disk in other players, including another computer running WinDVD 2010, and it played without problems on all of them.

Final thought: I have not tried the new Nero HD media suites that feature Blu-Ray playback, but I am super close to giving them a serious look.
beveled45

motherboard: Dell 0M017G
processor: Intel Core2 2.53 GHz
ram: 4GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570
sound_card: ATI High Definition Audio Device
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 750GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Hanns.G HG281

Next