NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Saving a menu frame

Moderator: DVDDoug

Saving a menu frame

Postby DiscCoasterPro » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi all. I just put together some more of my home video that I've been converting from vhs. I made a simple menu page in Workshop with some fun stuff on it from a photo of the family I imported.

My question is, how can I save just this menu page ( I'm not concerned with active buttons or anything) just as it is, with the text and the few objects on it to a JPG file?

Firstly I'm not even sure I can find the menu page in windows explorer. In the folder called menu there is a file with a long number/letter combo and a UPX file extension. I'm only assuming that is the menu page, but all I want to do is make a JPG out of it. Can anyone help?

thanks!
DiscCoasterPro

Re: Saving a menu frame

Postby DiscCoasterPro » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Anyone? ...... anyone?
DiscCoasterPro

Re: Saving a menu frame

Postby DVDDoug » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:15 am

I don't really know if you can get it out of Workshop, but you can probably get it off the DVD.

Do you have a video editor (Video Studio, etc.)? With a video editor, you can usually "capture" a frame and save it as a BMP or JPG. You'll have to open the VOB files and find the frame(s) you're looking for. (The "buttons" are separate images and won't show-up when you open the VOB file.)

Some DVD-player software also has a feature/tool for capturing a frame to a still image.
Head over heels,
No time to think.
It's like the whole world's
Out of... sync.

- Head Over Heels, The Go-Gos.
DVDDoug

Return to DVD Workshop