NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Help me find the right Corel Product

All about Image editing. Photography, Tips & Tricks, etc.....

Moderator: Ron P.

Help me find the right Corel Product

Postby jungleexplorer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:42 pm

I am desperately trying to find a modern replacement for my go-to graphics program that I have used for 15 years now. I have looked and look and tested this that and the other and I cannot find anything that even comes close. With the latest upgrade to Windows 10, the program will no longer run, so I have to find something to replace it with. Corel has such a huge universe of graphics and image editing programs, I have no clue where to start. I am here hoping to find someone who can help me.

Okay, the program I am talking about is called....... Microsoft Photodraw R2. Most of you have probably never heard of this program or ever used. It was Microsoft's answer to Adobe Photoshop back in the day, but with one main difference. Photodraw, was designed to enable regular consumers to be able to produce professional style graphics with just the click of a button. The program had a massive database of built-in graphics and special effects. It was an advanced photo editor Z(for its time) and an advanced graphics program all wrapped into one. The thing that made it stand out was the huge selection of customizable canned effects. You could take a simple letter like the A and make it 3D, add glow effect and turn it into an animation with three clicks.

So a couple of years ago, I bought Corel Paintshop thinking it would replace Photodraw. Don't get me wrong, it is a good program for enhancing photos, but it cannot hold a candle to photodraw in graphics creation. I use paintshop to enhance photos, but I still have use photodraw to add graphics to photos.

I would like to stick with Corel if at all possible. I have looked for many years to find a replacement for Photodraw and have never found anything, but I still have hope that someone out there has made something like it. TIA
Are you absolutely sure there are no absolutes?
jungleexplorer

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 TOMAHAWK
processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4Ghz
ram: 16GB
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 SC Gaming 2GB GDDR5
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: EVO850 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS VS248H-P 24" Full HD
Corel programs: VS 2018: PSP 2019

Re: Help me find the right Corel Product

Postby Kathy_9 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:17 am

Have you explored using plug-ins with Paint Shop Pro? You can accomplish a multitude of special effects.
Using PSP2019 version 21.1.0.22; X4 thru PSP2018 & PhotoMirage

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37153430@N03/
Kathy_9

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: MSI 2A9C
processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 860
ram: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 750GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2010i 20" HD Ready LCD
Corel programs: PSPX4 ~2019; DrawX5; Painter 2018-19

Re: Help me find the right Corel Product

Postby jungleexplorer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:00 am

Kathy_9 wrote:Have you explored using plug-ins with Paint Shop Pro? You can accomplish a multitude of special effects.

Plugins? No. I am sure there are some good plugins out there, but having to look for and test different plugins out to try to do something, is not a very professional way to operate a piece of software. If paintshop was even close to what I am talking about I might try it, but paintshop can barely handle basic lettering design. I mean Google Picasa had better lettering options then Paintshop. I am talking about a graphics creation program with a huge database of CANNED professional
effects and a massive database of gif art to use.
Are you absolutely sure there are no absolutes?
jungleexplorer

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 TOMAHAWK
processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4Ghz
ram: 16GB
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 SC Gaming 2GB GDDR5
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: EVO850 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS VS248H-P 24" Full HD
Corel programs: VS 2018: PSP 2019