NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

How do I upgrade from Movie Factory 2010?

Moderator: DVDDoug

How do I upgrade from Movie Factory 2010?

Postby BlackPantherNE » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:05 pm

After a PC crash I've reinstalled Videostudio pro X3. When I've used it before I had an update to install Movie Factory 7 but now I can't find it. I've installed all of the updates available, both from the program & the website. As expected Movie Factory 2010 keeps crashing. I have tried the trial version of MF7 but am reluctant to pay for it when it was offered free previously. I know this is an outdated program but I'm familiar with it & it suits my purpose. Any help would be appreciated.
BlackPantherNE

operating_system: Windows XP Home
System_Drive: C

Re: How do I upgrade from Movie Factory 2010?

Postby BrianCee » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:34 am

When VideoStudio Pro X3 was released it was the first version of VideoStudio that did not include an integral DVD burning module - but was instead supplied with a free copy of Movie Factory 2010 to allow users to burn DVD's.

HOWEVER - so many users complained so vigorously about how bad Movie Factory 2010 was that quite soon after initial release Corel gave all registered users the option of a free upgrade to DVD Moviefactory 7SE so it is quite surprising that you have continued to use M.F.2010.

The unfortunate thing now is that VS X3 is no longer supported by Corel and they will not respond to any requests from you for a free download of either MF 2010 or DVD MF 7.

Your options now are to purchase MF7 if it is still available in your country - it is not available everywhere, or use some other programme to author your DVD from the output of VS X3, or purchase the latest version of VideoStudio which is X6 and includes the integral disc burning module again - or of course you could purchase any other programme on the market.

My VideoStudio demo videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBrianCee
BrianCee

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10

Return to DVD MovieFactory