NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Audio Track Out of Sync Corel DVD Factory

Moderator: DVDDoug

Audio Track Out of Sync Corel DVD Factory

Postby martihawes » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:27 pm

We are using Corel Video Studio Pro X3 which came with Corel DVD Factory. We cannot find a version number of the DVD Factory but think it's 2010. We captured video from our AVCHD camcorder, edited it, then added text, titles, filters, transitions, and music captured from CD's. After rendering using the Corel DVD Factory share tab/create video file option, we previewed the project and it appeared perfect. But after creating a disc using the Create Disc tab and burning the DVD, our audio is 30 seconds out of sync from the video. Is there any way to correct this? We tried pulling up the project again, rerendering, and burning again, but it still comes out 30 seconds out of sync. Your forum talks about downloading newer versions of DVD Factory, but we called Corel support and they said we can't do that. They said we have to buy Corel Video Studio Pro X6. Any advice would be appreciated.
martihawes

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: IONA 1.0
processor: Intel Core i5-650
ram: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce CT230 1.5 GB
sound_card: Hauppauge GE2 Win TV HVR 1255
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP w2338h

Re: Audio Track Out of Sync Corel DVD Factory

Postby Ken Berry » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:08 pm

The version of Movie Factory which was made available to X3 owners was a special cut-down edition of MF 7 and as far as I can recall, showed a splash screen which clearly indicated 'DVD Movie Factory 7 SE"...

After rendering using the Corel DVD Factory share tab/create video file option, we previewed the project and it appeared perfect.

What format did you render the project to? If burning to a DVD, then I assume you created a DVD-compatible mpeg-2. If instead, you created a new AVCHD file and used that in MF 7 SE, that could be the cause of your problem and I would first trying converting the project in X3 to an mpeg-2.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 28" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2018; PSP 2018; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby martihawes » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:57 am

We created a new AVCHD file but burned in Corel DVD Factory. We do not have MF 7 SE, and Corel told us we can't upgrade to that now. We can convert to an MPEG-2 file and try again in DVD Factory to see if that works, but we've always created new AVCHD files and have never run into this problem before.

We never downloaded the MF 7 SE as we were never notified that we needed to do that. We were not online at that time as we did not have internet service in our area at that time.
martihawes

Postby Ken Berry » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Ah! The penny drops, I am afraid. So you are in fact using the original burning module which came as part of the X3 package. I hate to say it, it was so truly awful, and there was such an outcry from other users, that Corel was forced to make MF 7 SE available as a substitute. I hate to say that I was one such user, and I could never get that module to produce anything worthwhile. It was so awful I have simply wiped it from my mind till now! :roll:

If you look at the Video Studio forum, there is a sub-forum for MF 7 SE and you may find a link there which may still work for downloading MF 7 SE... viewforum.php?f=80&start=0
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

Postby martihawes » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Sorry I brought back those awful memories, and thank you for the link to MF 7 SE. It still worked, and we'll now see if that solves our audio sync problem. In reading through your forum I saw where you told someone it is better to convert in Video Pro and only burn in Movie Factory, but when we create a video file it renders in Video Pro but always converts in Movie Factory. Is there something we need to do to make it convert in Video Pro? And if we render as an MPEG-2 file, can we still burn it as AVCHD? Could someone please explain the difference between rendering and converting as I'm not sure what that all means? Thanks.
martihawes

Postby Ken Berry » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Glad you managed to get MF 7 SE.

I am a little surprised, though, that a DVD-compatible mpeg-2 produced by VS is re-rendered in MF 7. How do you know that it is? And have you checked in the Project Settings icon in the second icon from left in the bottom left of the MF screen that the box beside 'Do not convert compliant MPEG files' is ticked?

I am not sure what you mean when you ask "if we render as an MPEG-2 file, can we still burn it as AVCHD?" If you are burning a standard def DVD, you have no choice under the international DVD standard but to use mpeg-2 as the format, regardless of what the original format was. So if, say, you are producing an AVCHD file in VS but using that in MF 7 to burn a DVD, then of course it will re-render there since AVCHD is not DVD-compatible mpeg-2.

To confuse the issue somewhat, yes you could still produce an AVCHD in VS and use it for whatever purpose you use AVCHD files. But to repeat, if it is to go to a standard def DVD, it will have to be converted at some stage to mpeg-2.

And to confuse things still further, you can indeed use both VS (later than X3) to burn AVCHD in that original format to a standard DVD blank disc (Share > Create File > AVCHD). But the resulting disc is akin to a Blu-Ray disc and has a BDMV folder structure on it instead of the Video_TS structure of a standard def DVD. Moreover, it can only be played in a Blu-Ray player rated to play such discs (which are called AVCHD or "hybrid" discs). If you use the highest bitrate setting allowed under the international standard for such discs (18 Mbps), the quality is excellent, though you can only fit around 20 minutes of video onto a single layer DVD.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

Postby martihawes » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Thank you for all the info. It's starting to make more sense to us now.
martihawes

Postby martihawes » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:35 am

Thanks again, Ken, for all your help. MF 7 SE downloaded without a hitch and worked beautifully. Our first DVD burned in 35 minutes...a far cry from the four to five hours it used to take DVD Factory 2010. We never knew how easy this was supposed to be and have probably only gotten other DVD's made through dumb luck. Nice to know most of our problems were caused by the DVD Factory and not our stupidity (though we still have a lot to learn).

May I ask one more question, and I apologize if this is not the correct forum. When we capture music from CD's in Pro X3, sometimes the song is cut off or otherwise garbled a few seconds before the end of the song. It is an intermittent problem with no rhyme nor reason as to which songs will be cut off. But even if we delete the song and recapture it, it will always be cut off no matter how many times we try. Do you have any idea why this may be happening or if there is anything we can do to solve this problem?
martihawes

Postby Ken Berry » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:50 am

I'd suggest you post your second para in the Video Studio forum as a new topic. It is likely to get more answers there.

I can't help with that one as I have never once captured from a CD using Video Studio -- any version of Video Studio. If I am using music ripped from a CD, I use other programs, though most commonly Windows Media Player. Never any problem there.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin