NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Request by user Spitfrog - Edit Selection script for binding

Moderator: Kathy_9

Request by user Spitfrog - Edit Selection script for binding

Postby JoeB » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:26 pm

In another thread @Spitfrog requested the script I use that is bound to an icon and attached to my toolbar to toggle Edit Selection. The main reason for doing so is to avoid having to go through the Selections menu to toggle Edit Selection, then choose the Pick tool, and then the Selections menu again to toggle the mask off. As a button, clicking once toggles Edit Selection and selects the pick tool, and once you have done your selection editing just hit the button again to toggle off the mask. I'm not sure where the script came from - i.e., I don't recall that I did it myself but don't remember when or where I got it - and there is no such info in the header. I added the info about what the script does to the header.
------------
EDIT: I initially - and mistakenly - posted a script that leaves the Pick tool around the selection when you toggle Edit Selection off. I find the Pick tool distracting once the selection is edited and use a version of the script that removes the Pick tool and returns to the Selection tool, leaving the selection marquee in place. I have added that script - which is what I originally intended to post - below:

The script named simply Edit Selection leaves the Pick tool in place around the selection when you toggle Edit Selection button off.

The script named Edit Selection_2 will remove the Pick tool from around the selection but leave the selection marquee in place and return to the Selection tool.
----------
Obviously, to make use of the convenience of the script it has to be bound to an icon and placed on a convenient toolbar. I have it on my regular toolbar immediately under the Selection tool.
Attachments
Edit Selection_2.zip
Edit Selection script returning to Selection tool after toggle off
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Edit Selection.zip
Edit Selection script to bind and add to a toolbar
(2.22 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Last edited by JoeB on Sat May 12, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2019 64bit
JoeB

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2019, 32 & 64-bit

Re: Request by user Spitfrog - Edit Selection script for bin

Postby spitfrog » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:59 am

Many thanks JoeB, this script is great even if it does a very simple thing. I like it :D
spitfrog

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Maximus Formula
processor: Quad Core Q9650 3GHz
ram: 8 Go
Video Card: Radeon HD 7950
sound_card: SB X-Fi
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 6To
Monitor/Display Make & Model: VX2770
Corel programs: PaintShop

Postby JoeB » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:19 am

spitfrog wrote:Many thanks JoeB, this script is great even if it does a very simple thing. I like it :D

You're very welcome. Actually, you might want to become at least a bit familiar with recording scripts in PSP. LeviFiction has a link to his page with some scripts and some tutorials on basic scripting for PSP users (which he seems to be adding to as time progresses) in the Scripting Resources thread which is a sticky at the top of this sub-forum. For convenience, here's the link to his stuff:

https://levifiction.wordpress.com/

The reason it pays to learn a bit about scripting within PSP is because, more often than not, they are easy ways to do simple things by combining two or more actions available in PSP into a much more efficient process that saves you from drilling through menus and dropdowns. Once created, just bind the script to an icon and place on a convenient toolbar for easy access. One of PSP's greatest features is just how easily customizable it is.

Just remember to save or resave your workspace whenever you do any customizations, adding or moving of buttons, menu items, etc., and load it again if necessary!
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2019 64bit
JoeB

Postby spitfrog » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Thanks for all this advice full of common sense. I will go to the site of LeviFiction to learn more. :D
spitfrog

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Maximus Formula
processor: Quad Core Q9650 3GHz
ram: 8 Go
Video Card: Radeon HD 7950
sound_card: SB X-Fi
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 6To
Monitor/Display Make & Model: VX2770
Corel programs: PaintShop

Postby JoeB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:23 am

I originally posted the script that, when Edit Selection is toggled off, still retains the Pick tool around the selection. I find that tool distracting after I have edited a selection and originally meant to post the script that removes the Pick tool and returns to the Selection tool. I have now added that second script to the original post for those who have already downloaded the first one but might prefer the Pick tool removed and return to the Selection tool once the selection has been edited. I edited the information in that post also to reflect the addition.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2019 64bit
JoeB