NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

First clip issues

First clip issues

Postby Al Marotta » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have some first clip questions. I started a project and although in preference I had checked something like" Make sure you're asked about first clip" I'm not sure I got that message or responded to it. The project that I am working on will open on a clip imported from another project which was shot on a JVC portable camera. The bulk of the project is stuff shot in a TV studio and I presume I want the studio stuff to be the first clip thing.
A few questions:

1)Is this first clip thing (I have no idea what it does) vital to a project or can you correct it when sharing?
2)Once you're in a project, can you correct the fact you might not have asked for first clip when you started?
3)If first clip is a vital thing, am I advised to begin my project with a clip from the studio stuff rather than the portable (would a black clip do?)
4)What should you do if you don't get asked about the first clip when starting a project (this is VSP 10)? I did not see anything in preferences asking about the first clip thing itself, just a box that, as I said above, tells you to make sure you get the first clip message.
Thanks,
Al Marotta
Al Marotta

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 4gb
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 385gb
Corel programs: 1

Re: First clip issues

Postby lata » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi Al

First in Preferences (F6) General tab – Show Messages when inserting first video into the timeline, should be selected.
Providing your project is new, the first video added to the top timeline will prompt you to match the video properties.

Try this…….
Start a new project- add the Video Sample SP-V01.mp3
That should show the message, if you wish choose details to view the settings
Choosing Yes will set the project properties to match the video files properties.
It is recommended to match the video files properties.

If you do not see the message then either the settings are already correct, or the video properties are not suitable to set the project properties, WMV for instance would not work as we cannot set wmv as project properties. In which case the best option would be to manually set the Project Properties ( Settings Project Properties Alt+Enter)
I would set for my output settings trying to match the videos frame rate and resolution.
Setting the frame rate correctly (fps) will allow the timelines to display all frames within the video.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby Al Marotta » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Hi Trevor,
Thanks for your responding, but I don't get a lot of what you are saying. Please don't take offence, I appreciate your efforts, but I really need direct answers to my questions. I do not want to start a new project, I just want to make sure the one I am working on can be properly shared.
Al
Al Marotta

Postby lata » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:33 am

I assume you are referring to the Show Messages………. Set via Preferences (F6)
Inserting the first video to the top timeline may activate the Show Messages prompting us to match the project properties to the video files properties providing the video is capable of doing that.
You can change the project properties at any time via Settings Project properties ( Alt+Enter) to match the video or indeed any other setting, for instance your output properties.
You are advised to set the project properties to same or similar settings as your video’s properties.
This will make sure that the frame rate and frame size are correct, allowing the timelines/ preview to display them correctly.
Using different video types on the same project may require a little thought
The Messages option is to the first Video Clip, so we can add a black clip, images, then a video, that video is the first video and should activate the messages to match the properties
On your next new project it may be best to add one of your video files to show the messages, when done remove that clip to allow you to start the project from an empty timeline.
If you do not see the message then set project properties as in Settings Project properties

As a test to see the messages in action

Start a new project- add the Video Sample SP-V01.mp3
That should show the message, if you wish choose details to view the settings
Choosing Yes will set the project properties to match the video files properties.
View Settings Project properties to view the result

We cannot say if you are using the correct settings, I would suspect they are ok.
If you tell us what your video properties are, right click a video clip for properties
View Settings project properties
And tell us what you are intending to make via Share
DVD Disc, Bluray Disc, Video for internet, playback on TV via USB memory stick?

Hope this helps
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby Al Marotta » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks Trevor for your help. I will work at trying to digest it. The project I have is going to be cable cast via of a usb stick. My clip properties are as follows:

For the in studio stuff: Mpeg4 file

Video type:h264 baseline profile video
Total frames: 90.247
attributes 24 bits 1920x1080
frame RATE 29.970 frame/sec
data rate:5303 kps
Difference between studio stuff and portable camera--the following is a portable camera
Everything is same except:
Total frames 691
Attribute is same as studio but has 16.9 in addition to other readings
KPS 9993

Thanks again, Al Marotta
Al Marotta