NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

VS Ultimate 2019 crashing with older VSP files

VS Ultimate 2019 crashing with older VSP files

Postby Ynot » Wed May 08, 2019 2:39 am

I upgraded today from VS X9 to Ultimate 2019.
First job was to go into edit on a project I'd part finished earlier in X9 and wanted to tidy up a little.
Opening the VSP was no problem BUT when selecting some of the video clips on the timeline it just crashes the program - no error reports at all.
There doesn't seem to be any rime or reason to what causes the crash - I've re-opened many times now and it could be n imported still pic or video or one that was from the X9 library.

Would be helpful to get an idea of what might be causing this as it does render the upgrade rather useless if I can't edit existing projects.
Thanks

3 yr old PC running Win 10 Pro 64.
Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.7 GHz
16GB RAM with Intel HD Graphics 530.
Ynot

Re: VS Ultimate 2019 crashing with older VSP files

Postby tletter » Wed May 08, 2019 3:51 am

Ynot wrote:First job was to go into edit on a project I'd part finished earlier in X9 and wanted to tidy up a little ... it just crashes the program - no error reports at all.

VS is notorious for silent crashes (see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62625).

Ynot wrote:... it does render the upgrade rather useless if I can't edit existing projects.

I think that you'll find each version of VS has subtle differences that makes it impossible to guarantee that a legacy VSP can be opened by the latest version of VS. It's for that reason that I keep legacy versions of VS installed so that I can open and edit a legacy VSP with certainty.

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
tletter

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Return to VideoStudio