NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Can't find media files after hard drive crash

Can't find media files after hard drive crash

Postby MarkAndrews » Fri May 03, 2019 11:02 pm

I'm trying to recover from a hard drive crash on a rebuilt computer. I'm running VisualStudio Pro 9 on Windows 10. My original configuration on the computer that crashed was everything simply on my C drive. After the disk crashed, I was able to enlist the help of a company specializing in data recovery to retrieve all of the files off my old C drive. My new (old) computer now has a 256GB SSD as it's C drive that has Windows and the reinstall of VisualStudio Pro on the drive. Everything else (My Documents, Pictures, My Projects etc) is now on my E drive. I've been able to rebuild my projects through relinking but I cannot find any of the Media folders that I was using or the custom Title screens that I built. Does anyone know where those files are normally located?
VSP Media.PNG
VSP Media.PNG (8.83 KiB) Viewed 686 times
MarkAndrews

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: Intel i7
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: Visual Studio Pro

Re: Can't find media files after hard drive crash

Postby asik1 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:15 pm

The files are in ....AppData\Roaming\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro (x64)\19.0\en-US folder
and the file you are missing is VS_AllMediaView.dat
The folder 19.0 is your savior, if that folder content was not resqed than you must start from scratch.
It's is recommended to backup this folder from time to time once one saves many media favorites.
asik1

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Return to VideoStudio