NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Video Studio 2020 Wishlist

Re: Video Studio 2020 Wishlist

Postby asik1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:32 pm

BJC wrote:Videostudio has several FX's for cross and overlaps pepegota - what exactly do you mean

Crossfade FX.PNG

He ment center, start or end.
VS defult is start, the transition will start at the start of the next clip so it must shift it to left.
if it was centerd the clips wont move but the must provide enough frames prior to the cut.
asik1

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Postby RobertOZ » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:56 am

Or like Adobe Premiere Elements where you can choose to place the transition at the end of the clip, between the 2 clips or at the start of the next clip
Dell Inspiron 7567,Win 10, Intel Kaby-Lake i7-7700HQ, 16GB DDR4 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5,dual drives, 256GB SSD + 1 TB internal HDD + 5TB portable HDD Samsung 28" 3840x2160 UHD 4K LED Monitor
RobertOZ
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION 2A86 1.04E01
processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 930
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 5770
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 32" IPS LED (Main) HP 23fi IPS LED
Corel programs: VSX4-X10 VS 2018 & MS 3D

Postby iNate » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:48 am

1jhill wrote:I see, that makes more sense. Well hoping they can patch in AMD VCD support as I would like to hold out for Navi to see what it delivers. Supposedly the new 20 series of cards have a better encoder for Nvidia than previous 10 series, I know AMD encoder isn’t supposed to be as good but no one knows what will be in Navi and it’s supposed to be AMD’s first true attempt at regaining some market share.

Or you can just use an NLE that supports AMD Decode/Encode Acceleration. Those actually exist in the consumer market... so I'm not sure why anyone would waste years asking for it, or being frustrated by the lack of it, in any particularly piece of software...

You should always configure the machine you're buying or building based on the software you plan to run on it.

You don't build a computer to run Premiere Pro [for example] with a Ryzen CPU and AMD Graphics. You get Intel with Nvidia. Same for any other piece of software. Yes, the suboptimal components will "work," but they are "suboptimal."

At the end of the day, Hardware Encoding is underrated, anyways. It's going to degrade quality on already low quality 8-Bit H.264/HEVC, in most cases. And then you will lose more quality when you upload to sites like YouTube. Render while you're at lunch, or something :-P
iNate

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: ASUS GL503VD
processor: Intel i7-7700HQ
ram: 32GB
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 10xx
sound_card: Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 250+512GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS 15.6" + HP 24" 1080p IPS Displays
Corel programs: PSPX9, VSX9 Pro, VS2018 (Refund), WPOX7

Postby 1jhill » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:42 am

iNate wrote:
1jhill wrote:I see, that makes more sense. Well hoping they can patch in AMD VCD support as I would like to hold out for Navi to see what it delivers. Supposedly the new 20 series of cards have a better encoder for Nvidia than previous 10 series, I know AMD encoder isn’t supposed to be as good but no one knows what will be in Navi and it’s supposed to be AMD’s first true attempt at regaining some market share.

Or you can just use an NLE that supports AMD Decode/Encode Acceleration. Those actually exist in the consumer market... so I'm not sure why anyone would waste years asking for it, or being frustrated by the lack of it, in any particularly piece of software...

You should always configure the machine you're buying or building based on the software you plan to run on it.

You don't build a computer to run Premiere Pro [for example] with a Ryzen CPU and AMD Graphics. You get Intel with Nvidia. Same for any other piece of software. Yes, the suboptimal components will "work," but they are "suboptimal."

At the end of the day, Hardware Encoding is underrated, anyways. It's going to degrade quality on already low quality 8-Bit H.264/HEVC, in most cases. And then you will lose more quality when you upload to sites like YouTube. Render while you're at lunch, or something :-P

Yes those NLE’s exist but the one I saw that had it for sure (cyberlink) didn’t have the same plugin package I wanted.

Building a pc for specific use at consumer level is not realistic in the least unless your gonna tell people to build one pc for gaming or even gaming while streaming which AMD cpu currently do better and depending on game AMD GPU can do better when price is a factor, and then another pc for video editing oh and then also do some light CAD work so there is another PC. Consumer level PC are built for general use, hence why consumer software should be designed for general hardware first in my opinion.

I’ve heard the claims of hardware encode quality issues but then asked the community (using pinnacle but I’m assuming same engine as VSP as they appear to be similar) and while the intel was noticeable worse the Nvidia CUDA showed no difference if not even better with same render settings and user reported noticeable improved render times.

At the end of the day it’s not the end of the world but as the title states “wishlist” so that’s something I would prefer is to have the ability for the software to support all hardware options and not have the software support as a consideration when buying hardware. May not sway my final decision when buying but it would be nice not to be a concern.
1jhill

motherboard: Asus maximus hero vii
processor: I7 4790k 4.6ghz OC
Video Card: AMD R9 390
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1tb
Corel programs: Video studio 2018

Postby weaver » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:03 pm

I would like to have also some support for external control device, like mouse wheel or joystick, or just a simple lever to control the speed of the selected video sequence. ( Slow motion option for sport videos).
weaver

processor: intel i7
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Radeon
sound_card: C.Media
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 20TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: FULL HD
Corel programs: VS S6,8,10 on W XP, VS X4,6,7,2018

Postby pepegota » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:44 pm

That next year's upgrade is not a repeat of this year's.
pepegota

motherboard: ASUS Prime H370 - Plus
processor: Intel i7 - 8700
ram: 32 GB
Video Card: Nvidia GT 1030
sound_card: On board sound
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Ben Q, "21" LCD
Corel programs: VS 2018

Postby TonyP » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:56 pm

1jhill wrote:
iNate wrote:

Yes those NLE’s exist but the one I saw that had it for sure (cyberlink) didn’t have the same plugin package I wanted.

Building a pc for specific use at consumer level is not realistic in the least unless your gonna tell people to build one pc for gaming or even gaming while streaming which AMD cpu currently do better and depending on game AMD GPU can do better when price is a factor, and then another pc for video editing oh and then also do some light CAD work so there is another PC. Consumer level PC are built for general use, hence why consumer software should be designed for general hardware first in my opinion.

I’ve heard the claims of hardware encode quality issues but then asked the community (using pinnacle but I’m assuming same engine as VSP as they appear to be similar) and while the intel was noticeable worse the Nvidia CUDA showed no difference if not even better with same render settings and user reported noticeable improved render times.

At the end of the day it’s not the end of the world but as the title states “wishlist” so that’s something I would prefer is to have the ability for the software to support all hardware options and not have the software support as a consideration when buying hardware. May not sway my final decision when buying but it would be nice not to be a concern.

Pinnacle and VS are entirely different pieces of software and do not use the same engine. While they might share some features, that's about as far as it goes under the "hood". They also edit much differently.
As for wanting AMD GPU support, I too am for it. Make it OpenCL so both Nvidia and AMD will benefit. That's my "wish list".

I am using an all AMD computer for many different tasks. While it's not the end of the world if VS doesn't get AMD support (then they should change their system requirements to reflect that HEVC is NOT supported with AMD), I am one that thinks it should have it.
TonyP

motherboard: Gigabtye AB350 Gaming 3
processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8core 16threads OC 4.0Ghz
ram: 16GB 3200
Video Card: MSI Gaming X RX480 8GB
sound_card: Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG 27" IPS 4k, Acer 24" 1920x1080
Corel programs: VS2018, PSP2019, Aftershot 3

Postby pepegota » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:40 pm

5.7K capability for 360 cameras. 2019 will not accept 5.7K video but, PowerDirector does.
pepegota

motherboard: ASUS Prime H370 - Plus
processor: Intel i7 - 8700
ram: 32 GB
Video Card: Nvidia GT 1030
sound_card: On board sound
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Ben Q, "21" LCD
Corel programs: VS 2018

Postby Lift » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:08 pm

I really wish I could shut off the preview, for when I just want to move around the timeline or make small adjustments to the position of a clip, and I don't need to see what that particular frame will look like with all the overlays and titles. (I realize I can let the computer sit there for long periods of time to render out a bunch of smart proxy files, but smart proxy hogs CPU and I can't do other CPU-intensive things like play games while it's doing that.)
Lift

processor: i7 4GHz
Video Card: Nvidia 1070
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 7TB
Corel programs: VS X7+, PSP since 1997

Postby asik1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:56 pm

Lift wrote:I really wish I could shut off the preview, for when I just want to move around the timeline or make small adjustments to the position of a clip, and I don't need to see what that particular frame will look like with all the overlays and titles. (I realize I can let the computer sit there for long periods of time to render out a bunch of smart proxy files, but smart proxy hogs CPU and I can't do other CPU-intensive things like play games while it's doing that.)

No need to wait to 2020, just disable the track you don't need.
Or read the manual.
asik1

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Postby MHamiltonVisuals » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:46 am

Stability would be a big thing for me. Also if the overall speed was faster and possibly more optimized, that would be great!
MHamiltonVisuals

operating_system: Mac
ram: 16gb

Postby MikeA » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:39 pm

When the program crashes (as mine has twice in this last week) then the Restore should include updating the list of files awaiting proxy generation. I had to reenter them to the list again.
MikeA

motherboard: MSI P67A-G43
processor: I7-2600K
ram: 16Gb
Video Card: NVidia GTX 460
sound_card: Integrated
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3 Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG Flatron

Postby DH88Comet » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:24 pm

It would be brilliant to have a version that doesn't constantly crash and actually allows me to apply the Mercalli filter AND transitions. The last 'stable' version I had was X10, 2018 and especially 2019 drive me to distraction, so much so that I'm seriously considering defecting to ANYTHING.
PLEASE COREL MAKE THEM WORK AS ADVERTISED.
DH88Comet

motherboard: Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming
processor: Intel i7 Quad Core Processor i7 7700 3.6GHz
Video Card: 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti
sound_card: ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL 5.1
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 18.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Iiyama ProLite E24007HDSD & Dell S2009W
Corel programs: VideoStudio X8, X9 X10 2018 & 2019

Postby Pepi » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 pm

Atleast I have not found the following:

- When you import multiple small video clips you get one long video which you start working. Quite often you need to stop and continue the work in next day or later even. How cool it would be if you can mark on where you were, or even better VStudio ask: "Would you like to go to place where you were in last time?"

- When you do a transition, sometimes I would like to add own object like fire, cloud, stick which does the transition.

- Fix the bugs you have been reported already for VS2018. E.g. One tiny tiny error: When you try to render a video file using the same file name it says: "Do you want to replace the profile?". In my mind it is not a profile you are rendering.

- Support for AMD's GPUs (wish to get this faster than in next version). And if you do not support AMD's GPUs, then it would be much more a fair game to say it cleary on the "System Requirements". Now it only says:
System Requirements wrote:Graphics Card: Minimum resolution: 1024 x 768, minimum 256 MB VRAM, 512MB or higher recommended for hardware decoding acceleration.
--
Don't Panic
Pepi

Video Card: Damn Old
Corel programs: VideoStudio 2019; PaintShopPro 2019

Postby Bleeder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:00 am

To truly support opening and allowing one to edit native video stored/compressed as HEVC {H.265} files. Support for XAVC {H.264/MPEG-4 AVC} was seamless when first implemented, but few, if any of us, can edit MP4 videos filmed using the HEVC {H.265} video coding format. The current program just freezes, yet I can play the HEVC files just fine with the HEVC Video Extensions installed on my latest Windows Pro OS (Not the Creators Addition.}.
Bleeder

operating_system: Windows XP Home
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4gb

PreviousNext

Return to VideoStudio