NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

conflict music track vs voice over track. cant hear music?

conflict music track vs voice over track. cant hear music?

Postby hawaiilovesart » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:50 am

so I added a music track. now I want to do a voice over/narration with words placed at certain places. when i hit record for voice I cannot hear the music playing. then of course I have no idea where to place the voice over. how can I hear the music while adding voice over. need to know where I am in the soundtrack. thanks!
hawaiilovesart

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: videostudio 2018

Re: conflict music track vs voice over track. cant hear musi

Postby tletter » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:16 am

hawaiilovesart wrote:snow I want to do a voice over/narration with words placed at certain places

I'd suggest that you create your narration sound files in Audacity, then put down your music track in VS and the add narration sound files wherever you wish in VS.

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
tletter

operating_system: Windows 10
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Postby Davidk » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:02 am

Move the timeline marker to the place where you want to locate a commentary.
Select the capture icon (movie reel with red dot) in the timeline tool bar, and the click the microphone icon. If you are using a laptop, it will use the webcam microphone that's standard in those machines, otherwise you need to have a microphone plugged in to the PC mic jack. When VS detects a microphone, it presents an audio adjust panel like this:
2018 setting mic capture level.jpg

After checking the level is OK, record your commentary. It will be a .wav file stored in the (audio) folder location you specified in the
Settings\Preferences\General tab,
and the file will be inserted into the project's voice track at the timeline marker position. Plan or script what you will say before recording it, or voice fluffs will lead you to do it several times over. Record in several short sentences, rather than one long one, and join them up (click-and-drag) in the voice track as needed, again to avoid re-doing any one of them. When recording, you won't hear any of the other voice or music that may already be in the project file at that point. When the recording is complete, play the project file over that commentary, and adjust it's time position relative other clips in the project if needed. Since you normally will want to hear the commentary clearly against any background from music to the video clips in the timeline or overlay tracks, use the adjust any volume settings for the commentary, music or the video clips directly, or use the sound mixer to adjust each of them 'interactively', ie boost one eg commentary, and reduce the others until you get a good result.
Davidk

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
processor: Intel core i3 3.7ghz dual core processor
ram: 8Gb
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5.8Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Viewsonic Vx1935wm
Corel programs: VideoStudio X5,X6,X7,X8,X9,X10,2018,2019