NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Videos won't play from a Bluray disk.

Videos won't play from a Bluray disk.

Postby dabbott » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:02 am

I have produced a video which when I preview it in the VS application it is exactly the way I want it to look. I attempt to burn it to a bluray disk, it burns the disk without error, but when I play it on my bluray player, the menu works perfectly, but when I select a chapter to play, it displays the first frame of the video, but won't play the videos. It doesn't freeze the player, because I can get back to the menu to select a different chapter, but none of the videos play. Ironically, I found the videos in the file structures on the bluray disk, and I can double-click them, and they will play normally, so I know the video files are contained on the disk. I am getting my videos from a new 4k camera, and they import into my project without errors. They are in a MP4 format. I feel that the problem relates to my new camera as I've been able to produce bluray disks without problems with video from an older HD camera using AVCHD file formats. Is there a setting that must be used to get the videos to play from the disk? HELP! My VS software is of no value if I can't figure the cause of this problem.
dabbott

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Videos won't play from a Bluray disk.

Postby lata » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:52 am

Hi
And welcome to the forums

As you have been successful in burning Bluray using AVCHD files it may be the conversion from 4K to MT2S that could be the issue, very difficult to say.
From your project can you go to Share Avchd to convert the project to a Bluray compliant video file
Then start a new project to empty the timelines
Share Disc Bluray – opens the burner module, adding your MTS files
Some more info on that workflow here
http://lata.me.uk/corel/all.htm
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7