Page 1 of 1

Multi-trim Video won't trim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:11 pm
by Shepdog1
The Multi-trim Video feature is a powerful tool - - the scrubber will get you in the ballpark, but this will let you trim right down to the specific frame. My trim went well until the File > Save Trimmed Video part. I got an error message, "The frame size (720 x 404) of the video file does not match the settings and therefore cannot be trimmed." Can someone shed some light on this for me? Thanks!

Re: Multi-trim Video won't trim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:00 pm
by Shepdog1
Strange that the forum pros have nothing to offer here. What are the "settings" the error message refers to?

Re: Multi-trim Video won't trim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:21 pm
by Ken Berry
Speaking for my part only, I have not offered anything here since I have never, not even once, used multi-trim. I would thus also only be guessing about what the settings refer to. But my guess, FWIW, would be that VS would want to be seeing the standard frame size as the setting it would use. In this case, that would be 720 x 480 (if the video is NTSC). Since your video is 720 x 404, VS cannot recognize that as a valid "setting" and refuses to proceed.

Re: Multi-trim Video won't trim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:43 am
by asik1
Where is this "save trim" ? I don't see it in my X9
Where you need to save it?
When I multi trim I just drag all the clips to a library

Re: Multi-trim Video won't trim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:32 pm
by Shepdog1
Ken Berry wrote:Speaking for my part only, I have not offered anything here since I have never, not even once, used multi-trim. I would thus also only be guessing about what the settings refer to. But my guess, FWIW, would be that VS would want to be seeing the standard frame size as the setting it would use. In this case, that would be 720 x 480 (if the video is NTSC). Since your video is 720 x 404, VS cannot recognize that as a valid "setting" and refuses to proceed.


Thanks, Ken. Have you found that there is a better way to trim, or do you just have no need to trim?

Re: Multi-trim Video won't trim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:37 pm
by Shepdog1
asik1 wrote:Where is this "save trim" ? I don't see it in my X9
Where you need to save it?
When I multi trim I just drag all the clips to a library

After trimming, go to File > Save Trimmed Video in X8. If I could save them intact just by dragging to Library, that would be simpler. I'll try it.

Re: Multi-trim Video won't trim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:13 am
by Ken Berry
Shepdog1 wrote:Have you found that there is a better way to trim, or do you just have no need to trim?


I always do them one by one. In the past I used to use Save Trimmed Video, but that is rare these days. I only save the trimmed ones if I think I am going to use the clip in more than one project.