NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

X9 Pro audio fade out causes scratchy blip

Re: X9 Pro audio fade out causes scratchy blip

Postby mlswartz22 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:40 pm

I have a work around that I am quite happy with. Create a "New" extra audio track (track manager). Place a copy of the offending audio section in this "New" track. Disable all of the tracks that contain audio except the new track. Render your project as an audio file. Delete the section of audio from the "New" track and place the audio file just rendered in its place. Remove the "scratchy blips" by cutting out that section of the track. Enable all the tracks that you previously disabled. Mute the original offending audio track section. Save and render the project. Hope this helps.
Last edited by mlswartz22 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlswartz22

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: J
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby tletter » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:28 am

mlswartz22 wrote:I have a work around that I am quite happy with

Pretty much what was explained back in November at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61761&start=120#p349842

While this works, the problem is that it's requires extra steps and the audio blips are not in a consistent location between renderings so it's a pain to locate the blips after a build. Corel should fix such a basic flaw.

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
tletter

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Postby mlswartz22 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:15 pm

I have a work around that works for me. Extend the audio at least one second beyond where you want no sound (Volume at 0). Use the Sound Mixer function to view the sound wave form. Lower the sound level for the extended section to -36db (that's as low as it goes) and create a fade out before it, if you like. That's it! When you render the video you won't hear any blips of noise after the fade out.
mlswartz22

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: J

Postby stomvi2 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:18 am

I've had the same infuriating problem since X8, and through every upgrade including the current 2019 version. Just got a new laptop, more than capable of handling heavy video editing tasks. Installed the new VideoStudio 2019. Same audio glitches appear randomly at the end of clips. It's been an issue for so many people for a number of years...Corel should have put in some effort long ago, or, you know, should not have released the program with such glitches to begin with.
stomvi2

Postby cdoughertycd » Mon May 13, 2019 1:05 am

Hi Stormvi2: I'm now doing what miswartz does. Fade audio in the mixer to mute (although it's not quite mute), then run the mute out a couple of seconds, so have managed that way to get rid of annoying blip. Often it sounds ok prior to doing this when in the project, but on render it's heard. Causes time to fix and then render again.

Candy
cdoughertycd

motherboard: ASUS PHTD DELUXE
processor: 4 Core 2.93 gigahertz Intel Xeon
ram: 36 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
sound_card: AMD HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung S24B300

Postby cdoughertycd » Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 am

I just had the blip scratch despite doing what I mentioned above, so I dragged a color, in this case black, down onto the overlay track with the starting point where my crossfade would have been on the video track. Then I dragged down a crossfade to the front of the black overlay. That way I could extend out the video with black over the video ending as though I had used the fade on the video track. I can't hear the scratch at the fade now. Will see if it renders ok, it should.
cdoughertycd

motherboard: ASUS PHTD DELUXE
processor: 4 Core 2.93 gigahertz Intel Xeon
ram: 36 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
sound_card: AMD HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung S24B300

Previous