NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Is it possible release a x6 hotfix for my mum?

Re: Is it possible release a x6 hotfix for my mum?

Postby BrianCee » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:05 pm

cantinoro wrote:How are folks seeing highly discounted price for the X9 discount? I've launched and relaunched my version of X5 and am noting seeing it.

What options have you got set in 'Message preferences' under the two little gear wheels in the Corel Guide

My VideoStudio demo videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBrianCee
BrianCee

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10

Postby jjng » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:44 am

cantinoro wrote:How are folks seeing highly discounted price for the X9 discount? I've launched and relaunched my version of X5 and am noting seeing it.

Not sure if this might help... When I opened and closed X4 today, the popup window with the offer didn't come up. I opened the program again, and in the initial popup of Corel Guide, there is a tab for Messages. When I click on that, it gives me a links to the current News and Update Messages, one of which was for the special offer to upgrade to X9. Now, if you've previously checked the box for the Corel Guide to "Do not display on startup", I don't know how to get it to show up again...

Jennifer
jjng

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
Corel programs: Corel VideoStudio ProX4

Postby BrianCee » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:54 am

jjng wrote: Now, if you've previously checked the box for the Corel Guide to "Do not display on startup", I don't know how to get it to show up again...

You can open the Corel Guide at any time by clicking on the large orange button with a downward facing arrow and dots around the outside - can't remember exactly where that is in X4 but it is usually somewhere near the top of the screen .

BrianCee

Postby GeoVa » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:24 am

Please note a very easy solution:
It works on version X6 (I do not try on other older versions)
Here is the way:

STEPS:
1. Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X6\

2. Find the file MUIHelper.dll and copy it to Desktop and open it with notepad (right mouse click --> open with--> choose notepad)
Now, with notepad save it as MUIHelperNEW.dll (Note - Encoding ANSI)

3. Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X6\MUIHelper.dll, and RENAME the MUIHelper.dll to MUIHelperORIGINAL.dll - (in a case something goes wrong)

4. Now, copy the EDITED file MUIHelperNEW.dll (from step 2), from Desktop to C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X6\, and RENAME it to MUIHelper.dll

5. That's it!
Now the CVSX6 is working properly without a need to uninstall any windows updates!
GeoVa

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Asus I5
processor: dual core
ram: 4GB
Video Card: NVidia
sound_card: Asus i5
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 300GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG

Postby BrianCee » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:15 am

but you haven't told us what changes to make to the .dlll - what editing did you do ??

I also have a problem in that there is no C\program files (X86) folder on your 32bit machine - that is only on a 64bit computer - but it is the .dll in the C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Videostudio X? which needs replacing on both 32 and 64 bit computers

no need for your procedure any rate - I have already provided the latest MUIhelper.dll in this topic :- viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59131

many people have found it works on all older versions - if you missed it previously I'll attach it here again

MUIHelper.zip
(31.46 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
BrianCee

Postby GeoVa » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:33 pm

Hello
Please let me clarify:

1. You must not make any changes at all. Just SAVE it. This is the trick!
2. For 64bit--> C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X6\
For 32bit--> C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Videostudio Ultimate X6\
3. The advantage of the above procedure is that you do not have to replace the MUIhelper.dll of X7 version to that of X6 version.

PLEASE let me also say that i base on your method and i find the method i suggest, so i thank you very much!

Also i want to ask how you manage to EXTRACT the MUIhelper.dll from X7 hotfix?
I try for hours to archive that, but with no success.
I use the 7zip and i successfully extract the .data file as you mention.
Therefore i can not extract the .data in order to get the MUIhelper.dll.
You mention for a installshied tool, but i can not find a way.
Can you please describe me the procedure in order to successfully extract the MUIhelper.dll from .data file?
GeoVa

Postby Old_Friend » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:42 am

cantinoro wrote:Much Thanks Brian. Seems to have worked. Now I don't have to keep worrying about hiding those updates, hopefully. Thanks again.
Chuck Antinoro

Hi. Well, I tried what was suggested but, I keep getting the error that you got. You didn't say how you got past that error. Could you tell me please.
Here's the error I get:
Code: Select all
Extracting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X5\"
Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: no
Error: Access is denied.
Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X5\MUIHelper.dll.
Administrative privileges may be required.
The archive file cannot be opened for output.

- First, I renamed the existing dll file as Brian suggested.
- Then, I downloaded Brian's zip file and tried to extract his dll file to my X5 folder. That doesn't work for me. So, I thought that copying and pasting it into the folder might work. Frustrating! I can find no way to copy it. Plus, I don't how to change the Administration Privileges since there's no option for that (on that file).

Any ideas on to accomplish this will be appreciated very much!
-- Old_Friend
===EDITED== WOOPS! I JUST WENT BACK AND READ MORE POSTS. IT APPEARS THAT CERTAIN TOOLS ARE NEEDED, WHICH I DON'T HAVE NOR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT. ========
MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, CPU: Intel Corei5 (2500K), GPU: Intel Onboard, SND: Onboard, CPU COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
PSU: Seasonic X650W 80+Gold, RAM: G.SKILL 8GB-F3, CASE: LIAN LI A70F, OS: Windows7 64-bit, IE11, VS Pro X5/X9 Ultimate
Old_Friend

motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
processor: Intel Corei5 2500K
Video Card: Intel Onboard
sound_card: Intel Onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer H233H - 23" HDMI
Corel programs: VS Ultimate X5, VS Ultimate X9

Postby BrianCee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:54 am

Old_Friend wrote:Hi. Well, I tried what was suggested but, I keep getting the error that you got. You didn't say how you got past that error. Could you tell me please.

which error - who had it - who are you talking to here

Old_Friend wrote:- First, I renamed the existing dll file as Brian suggested.
- Then, I downloaded Brian's zip file and tried to extract his dll file to my X5 folder. That doesn't work for me. So, I thought that copying and pasting it into the folder might work. Frustrating! I can find no way to copy it. Plus, I don't how to change the Administration Privileges since there's no option for that (on that file).

did you extract the .dll from my Zip file - try extracting it direct to your desktop - and then just drag and drop it into the X5 program file folder (where the renamed one is) - no need for a specific 'Copy' function

Old_Friend wrote:===EDITED== WOOPS! I JUST WENT BACK AND READ MORE POSTS. IT APPEARS THAT CERTAIN TOOLS ARE NEEDED, WHICH I DON'T HAVE NOR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT. ========

what does that mean - if you unzipped my attachment you do not need any other tools - what do you think you need

BrianCee

Postby Old_Friend » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:27 am

Hi Brian,

I was writing to the person I quoted at the very top of my post:
cantinoro wrote:
Much Thanks Brian. Seems to have worked. Now I don't have to keep worrying about hiding those updates, hopefully. Thanks again.
Chuck Antinoro

Your steps didn't mention extracting it or placing it on the Desktop, etc. My mistake was thinking that since the file was inside a zip file, that I was supposed to unzip that file directly to where it was to go. The "tools" I referred to were mentioned in another thread by someone. They talked about using /cmd with parameters, etc. to find .cab files, and so on.

But, at this point, it doesn't matter. I figured out another way to do it. I simply changed my Administrative Privileges on that folder (to "Full") which allowed me to extract the file directly to the folder. Your way, now that you mentioned it, sounds MUCH simpler. LOL. I now have my VideoStudio Ultimate X5 running again (without having to mess with MS's Update file-swapping). I'm happy because my purchase of VS-X5 is a better bargain than VS-X9 which I purchased for $15.00(US). My VS-X5 came loaded with all kinds of bonus applications, which X9 doesn't have. The VS-X9 NewBlue Film Effects "Bonus Offer" includes only a mere 5 effects, none of which I would ever use anyway. So, all is well. Maybe my post should be removed from the forum now?

==== EDITED: I JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU A GREAT BIG THANK YOU, BRIAN, FOR FIGURING OUT WHAT COREL COULDN'T (OR, WOULDN'T) DO FOR ITS USERS. ====
MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, CPU: Intel Corei5 (2500K), GPU: Intel Onboard, SND: Onboard, CPU COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
PSU: Seasonic X650W 80+Gold, RAM: G.SKILL 8GB-F3, CASE: LIAN LI A70F, OS: Windows7 64-bit, IE11, VS Pro X5/X9 Ultimate
Old_Friend

motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
processor: Intel Corei5 2500K
Video Card: Intel Onboard
sound_card: Intel Onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer H233H - 23" HDMI
Corel programs: VS Ultimate X5, VS Ultimate X9

Postby BrianCee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:40 am

Well it is good that you are fully functional again

we do not normally remove posts as you never know when or if it will help someone else in the future

As with many things in Videostudio there is more to a function that may at first appear - take the New Blue film effects - although there are only 5 filters in the FX library each one has a mass of options behind it - take for instance the 'Film Color' filter

NB Film colour.PNG
click the image to see it larger
BrianCee

Postby GeoVa » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:33 am

Mr BrianCee,
I would like to learn how you manage to EXTRACT the MUIhelper.dll from X7 hotfix.
I try for hours to archive that, but with no success.
I use the 7zip and i successfully extract the .data file as you mention.
Therefore i can not extract the .data in order to get the MUIhelper.dll.
You mention for a installshied tool, but i can not find a way.
Can you please describe me the procedure in order to successfully extract the MUIhelper.dll from .data file?

Many thanks in advance.
GeoVa

Postby RobertOZ » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:55 am

I think Brian is referring to the MUIHelper.zip shown in his post above, the .dll file will be available when the zip file is opened
Dell Inspiron 7567,Win 10, Intel Kaby-Lake i7-7700HQ, 16GB DDR4 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5,dual drives, 256GB SSD + 1 TB internal HDD + 5TB portable HDD Samsung 28" 3840x2160 UHD 4K LED Monitor
RobertOZ
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION 2A86 1.04E01
processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 930
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 5770
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 32" IPS LED (Main) HP 23fi IPS LED
Corel programs: VSX4-X10 VS 2018 & MS 3D

Postby BrianCee » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:49 am

I never extracted the .dll using the instalshield tool whatever that may be - if you read back over the posts you will see that it was dawncold that did that - not me - I have no idea how to do it that way

To obtain the file I have posted I ran the hotfix for X7 - which I still have on my computer - then went to the X7 programme files and copied the MUIHelper.dll file - which I checked had the new date on it

several people have commented that using my file worked for them - so there is no need for you to extract it again - - if you really need to know then please contact dawncold and ask for the technical details

BrianCee

Postby CANADA » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

First of all, many thanks to "dawncold" for figuring out that the 'MUIHelper.dll file" from the Video Studio-X7 Hotfix would work for other Video Studio-X Versions. Also many thanks to "Brian Cee" for copying the aforementioned file, zipping it up and providing it as a download for all of us to use with whatever version each of us have.

The 'MUIHelper.dll file" worked perfectly with my Video Studio X6 Ultimate and I was able to reinstall all of the Windows 7 Professional - 64Bit updates back into my computer to keep it more secure.

I also tried "GeoVa's" method and believe it or not, his method also worked, so many thanks to "GeoVa" for providing that method also.

I wanted to thank all of the other people mentioned in this post " viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58668 " who did their very best to keep us all up to date on which of the Windows 7 updates were stopping the Video Studio-X Versions from working, period. Thank you very much to all of you who helped to keep us up to date.

For those of you who would still like to know which updates were the ones that were the issue updates from Microsoft for Windows 7 that stopped the Video Studio-X Versions from working, I have placed them below, including the new problem updates.

Problem Windows 7 Updates From Microsoft Which Stop Video Studio - X Versions From Working:

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3126587)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3126593)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3140410)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3146706)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3147071)

Corel should be ashamed of themselves for leaving their client base in a learch like they have. The people who support their products deserve much better support then what they have provided. Saying either upgrade to Windows 10 or buy the newest Video Studio X9 Ultimate. I find this attitude from Corel disgusting, even after phoning them and asking them nicely for a hotfix for all of the Video Studio - X Versions, they still refused to help.

I own the following programs from Corel:

Video Studio - X5 Ultimate, X6 Ultimate, X7 Ultimate, X8 Ultimate, and also Video Studio - X9 Ultimate. However, I still like using Video Studio - X6 Ultimate, because I am very comfortable working with this version.

SHAME ON YOU COREL..... Maybe now is the time to rethink how you treat your client base.....

Again, many thanks to all of the Members, Moderators, and Administrators of this forum who have gone above and beyond to help us all get back to working with our personal favorite Video Studio - X Versions.

Many thanks again, I am most grateful. I really do appreciate all of your efforts and help.

Take Care & Stay Safe,

Ross aka CANADA

8) :lol: :wink: 8) :lol:
Last edited by CANADA on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CANADA

motherboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe
processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU-3.50 GHz-Dual Quad Core
ram: 16 Gigs
Video Card: GeForce GTX 770 - Memory-2048 MB - GDDR-5
sound_card: Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card.
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 9000 GIGS
Monitor/Display Make & Model: SAMSUNG SYNC MASTER BX 2350
Corel programs: VIDEO STUDIO X5-6-7-8 & 9

Postby canuck » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:14 pm

Ross aka CANADA

Did you also complain to Microsoft that their updates has corrupted many programs?
I don't know why you are blaming Corel, after all they did provide a HotFix to fix the MS update problem

BTW, this is not a Corel site so your complaints are not necessarily seen by Corel
canuck

operating_system: Windows 8.1

PreviousNext

Return to VideoStudio