NEW! PhotoMirage

Ulead Media Studio 7 & 8 - HD video

Ulead Media Studio 7 & 8 - HD video

Postby Stuart Bellis » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 am

Have been using Ulead MSP 7 & 8 for some years - each with all the available patches. According to MSP8 SP 1 this is supposed to facilitate handling HD video. However, have just now moved into the HD field using a Sony HXR-NX5P which records in MPEG-2 5D streaming which MSP8 does not recognise. What can I do?
I have been trying out the Corel Video Studio ProX5 but the editing interface doesn't even come close to the MSP programmes so just isnt up to my semi-pro requirements. The only use the Corel programme is at present is to convert the HD MPEG-2 material to HD AVI and am currently carrying out tests to see if this will work for me. Are there any better solutions - i.e. is there any patch available ( apparently unlisted ) that will actually allow me to import the MPEG-2 transport streams ( associated with CMUPROPS files ) that the NX5 produces? or am I stuck with having to batch-convert to AVI for editing? If not, are there any simpler progammes that will simply convert the HD MPEG-2 format to HD AVI that MSP will recognise? I am lothe to have to fork out around £700 for an entirely new editing programme that will handle HD as well as SD and also have to spend time on an entirely new learning curve. Any help or avice appreciated. Thankyou.
Stuart Bellis

operating_system: Windows XP Home
System_Drive: C
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 320Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Sony VAIO VGN-FS415B

Re: Ulead Media Studio 7 & 8 - HD video

Postby Ken Berry » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Since your post is really about VS capabilities, I have transferred it to this forum.

But beyond that, I am at a loss. I have done a little research on your camera, and that suggests that it only uses mpeg-2 for standard def video. Otherwise, it uses AVCHD for high def. See http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/7 ... order.html

It might also help if you could explain exactly which format within the .avi wrapper extension you are wanting to convert it to. Or are you wanting to convert it to HDV which is of course high def mpeg-2?
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB