NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

project size too big??

project size too big??

Postby SeeNoEVO » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:51 pm

first post.noob here....i was wondering if someone can help me. I made a couple of video files on VS10 and it came out to 5. something GB. I have a SL DVD 4.7 GB. When i went to create a disc, obviously the files are too big to fit. VS10 said the files exceed the "project size" and it would have to compress it to make it fit. Now will i lost quality, audio bitrate, synchronization between video and audio, etc. to make my videos fit on the DVD? How does it compress the files to make it fit? Is it worth it to compress or take out some videos for it to fit on the DVD? THANK YOU.
SeeNoEVO

Postby sjj1805 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:57 pm

sjj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Postby Black Lab » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:07 pm

Is it worth it to compress or take out some videos for it to fit on the DVD?

That is something only you can answer. For instance, if you are transferring VHS tapes to DVD, reducing the bitrate so it all fits on one DVD may not make that much of a difference in quality. On the other hand, the amount you have to reduce it may reduce the quality, but it may not be seen by the naked eye.

There are several ways you can get your project on one DVD.
1. Cut out some of your project. You probably don't want to do this to your masterpiece.
2. Use the Fit to Burn function of VS, found in the Burn Module. Using this will automatically reduce the bitrate of your project so it fits. This sometimes won't work if the project is too big.
3. Manually reduce the bitrate. Use a bitrate calculator to determine the bitrate settings you need to make it fit.
4. Use DVD Shrink to automatically reduce the bitrate of your project. Works similarly to the Fit to Burn, but should work no matter what the size of your project is.
5. If you are using LPCM audio that will eat up a lot of space. Using Dolby will allow more room for video.

What works best??? Burn to an RW disc and watch it on your TV to make comparisons.
Black Lab

operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby SeeNoEVO » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:49 pm

thanks both for the suggestions...i will try some of it.
SeeNoEVO

Return to VideoStudio