NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

so...i have my masterpiece finished....

so...i have my masterpiece finished....

Postby lakewud » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:34 pm

..what now?

I suppose this topic doesnt belong in the Videostudio section, however, as i received the best advice from posts to this section from members who obviously know their stuff im posting in the hope...

..that you could tell me the best dvd to burn a videostudio project too. Now, I do have the Labelflash which i would like to try ( as usual the only dvd disks i see are for the other lightscribe ones ). I know i must look for Fujisco disks...however, obviously...im more intrested in the final quality of my film..so, i take it doublelayer is the way to go.

But please can someone explain to me...ive looked, asked at PCWorld ( for what that was worth...they'd never hard of labelflash...i had to point it out on some of the machines they were selling!! ). So in short....i would love the best of both worlds, a labelflash disk with doublelayer..able to hold say..45mins of film.

Please can someone explain all the benefits of say, DVD-R, DVD+R etc...why the need for the - & the +...whats the difference.

Whats the best disk i can get for my project.

Thanks for listening to the longwinded question. Any advice on labelflashing id appreciate too...i mean, my machine is capable of it...but do i need some form of software to make it work?

cheers
g
lakewud

Postby Black Lab » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:18 pm

A great resource is http://www.videohelp.com.
Black Lab

operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby heinz-oz » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:06 am

Why would you want a dual layer disk for 45 minutes of video? At the highest possible bitrate, still playable on almost any DVD player, your video would barely fill on layer.
heinz-oz

Postby Trevor Andrew » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:07 am

Hi

You can get 60 minutes of top quality video to a single layer disc.

DVD-R was the original disc, the ‘–‘ being a hyphen, as in CD-R.

DVD+R was the second type manufactured in competition to DVD-R

Now we have a plus + version, it was not long before the hyphen ‘-‘ became known as ‘minus’

There is little difference between these discs, Dvd player compatibility, usage being a personal preference.

I prefer DVD-R from a reputable manufacturer.

If you are thinking of using a Lightscribe type disc then you may be limited to one + or _ type. I do not know who makes Lightscribe type discs.

Trevor
Trevor Andrew

Return to VideoStudio