No Audio: EasyCAP DC60 Version 2.1c

Postby hfrmobile on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:20 am

Some weeks ago I bought a Ulead EasyCAP DC60 Version 2.1c USB 2.0 cable (to put this in other words SCART --> USB). Installed the software provided with the cable set on a Windows 7 Professional (64 bit). Installation succeeded. But when I started Ulead VideoStudio Movie Wizard the first time it claimed that no driver is installed needed to use the software. Hm ... After short investigation I found the cause of this: 64bit ... After some googling I found the correct 64bit driver.

Capturing (VHS/SCART --> MPG/USB):
Video capturing works but no Audio!

When I press the "Capture Audio" button (BTW: the name of this button is confusing - should be "Capture" or "Capture Video + Audio" or something meaningful ^^) I get a message box with the following message:

Ulead DSW MPEG Capture Plug-in
No input signal or signal is unclear.
Do you Still want to continue to capture?

When I continue capture it captures only video but no audio.

Info: Options | Video and Audio Capturing Settings > Audio device: "Digital Audio Interface (USB Au" (the UI is to small to show the entire text, I assume the rest is "dio)" causes that no audio is recorded. The other setting is "Internal Microphone (Conexant" ... ^^

Btw, when using the internal microphone the audio is also captured. But this is useless since the audio quality is low/bad and also having room noise etc. recorded too ^^.

What I have to do so that audio capturing via the EasyCAP cable works?

Sincerely,
Harald-René Flasch
hfrmobile

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: No Audio: EasyCAP DC60 Version 2.1c

Postby Ken Berry on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:40 am

Please have a look at viewtopic.php?p=211330#p211330 which indicates you are yet another person who has bought a cheap and fake device. Though it comes with VS 10 SE, the device itself has lots of problems.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 17FB 10.58
processor: i7 2.2 GHz
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 7690M XT 1 GB RAM
sound_card: On Board Intel
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 640 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: BENQ G2420 HD 1920x1080 24"

Postby hfrmobile on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:36 am

Thank you for your prompt reply!

It is not a fake device: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003GLB ... ss_product (I assume that Amazon does not allow Marketplace member so sell fake devices) + got original Ulead Software Ulead VideoStudio SE DVD ...

--hfrmobile
hfrmobile

Postby Ron P. on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:09 pm

It matters not if you purchased it on Amazon or at Wal-Mart. The original, the creator of the device had to change their name to EzCap, because of the pirating. They do not bundle VS10 with their product, instead they use ArcSoft. EasyCap is a fake.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE198WFP-Desktop

Postby hfrmobile on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:38 pm

No, not at all. Also distributors are responsible to ensure that their partners are not dealing with fence-goods or plagiary-goods ...

"Bad guy" --> Amazon --> Amazon Marketplace ... So Amazon and the marketplace partner are also responsible in my view ...

If I (as customer) is buying something at Amazon or Amazon Marketplace I can assume that everything is correctly?
We in Austria (Europe, European Union) have something called consumerism ...

If y buy something on the street or stolengoods.com, fakeeasycap.dcom, plagiarygoods.domc etc. it is my fault of course but not if I by at Amazon ...? I am talking about Austria, Germany, European Union ...

--hfrmobile
hfrmobile

Postby Ron P. on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:36 pm

That may be, but what you fail to understand is that where the piracy is occurring is not in those places. International Laws, and enforcement are totally different than one's personal belief. The counterfeit business is huge, and there are some countries that do absolutely nothing to stop it. Like I stated before, it matters not that you bought the thing on Amazon. Please lodge a complaint with Amazon. Maybe they will quit selling them, doubtful though. I think that when the original producer (EzCap) changed their name, trademark, ect., they helped those that are producing the fake ones. They basically handed them the product. The main issue is that the fake ones are cheaply made, and thus will have problems, and they are not supported. That's why you can get them for next to nothing. This happens with about every brand around.

So basically you have a "knock-off" that might work, but if it doesn't, your options are the trash can, paper-weight, or maybe a play toy for your cat or dog..;)

Also do not double-post. I've deleted your other duplicate post in the thread concerning EasyCap..
Ron P.
Site Admin

Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE198WFP-Desktop

Postby hfrmobile on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm

I am afraid you are right ...

But there is always a way do ...

I contacted CM3-Computer OHG (the Amazon Marketplace reseller) but the answer by the business manager was very unfriendly and he said that it is my fault that I bought this device at his firm and I should know that it is not the original cable ^^ He also claimed that he/his company never sold it as EasyCAP DC60 but see: 20110227_204_400x800.jpg! He claimed they sell it as "easy to capture" etc. But why is there the product/trademark name on the CD-ROM?

I bought this Dec, 2010 and since it didn't work and I'd liked to not waste more time with it I stopped trying it. Today I have time (it's Sunday) I tried it again and found the "EasyCap or EzCap" thread ...

Also told Amazon about it of course (since in Germany it is also Sunday, I expect the answer tomorrow, Monday). Anyway it is/was confusing for me since I used the search function at Amazon and typed "EasyCAP" and I found the product sold by CM3-Computer OHG and so I assumed it is EasyCAP (was not aware the renaming to EzCap at that time) ... Even the CD-ROM claims "EasyCAP DC60" I thought, it is a EasyCAP DC60 cable ^^

The only thing I want: Get my money back from CM3-Computer OHG add some Euros and get the real EzCap cable ^^

*** Stop product piracy! ***
Attachments
20110227_204_400x800.jpg
20110227_204_400x800.jpg (63.5 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
hfrmobile

Postby Ron P. on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Listen, your preaching to the choir here. We all know that it is a knock-off. There's nothing we can do, except enlighten those that have fallen prey. So please stop posting about whom should be held accountable. This web board is for Corel products.

I"ve also deleted your duplicate or similar post in the EasyCap/EzCap topic. One more time, and I'll be forced to delete more than your post!!!
Ron P.
Site Admin