What is Ulead AutoDetector and can I delete it?

Postby *.meg.* on Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:43 pm

I installed PhotoImpact and now I have a Ulead AutoDetector icon in my tray. The program is in a Ulead Systems folder in my list of programs.

What is this program, what does it do, and can I delete it? I tried Google and the Ulead homepage and can't find any info.

Thanks!
*.meg.*

re: What is Ulead AutoDetector and can I delete it?

Postby 2log on Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:17 am

Ulead AutoDetector is a program that automatically detects a digital camera or memory card upon connection. By default, Ulead AutoDetector is always launched and enabled in the system tray of the Taskbar every time you start your computer.

When the Ulead AutoDetector recognizes a digital camera or memory card (either of them must follow the DCF standard), Photo Explorer will be called up and either of the following will be opened:

*Digital Camera Wizard dialog box - which allows you to easily get images from your digital camera or card reader.
*The detected camera folder with the browser panel of Photo Explorer.

If you want to permanently disable auto detector from running on startup, right click on the Ulead Autodetector icon on the system tray then select Options. There should be an option there for you to disable it. :wink:
2log

Postby *.meg.* on Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:24 am

Thanks for the great explanation! It was really helpful.
*.meg.*

Re: re: What is Ulead AutoDetector and can I delete it?

Postby jolo on Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:54 am

This is a great answer about the AutoDectector.

But, since I am thick, it certainly sounds like disabling auto detector from running on startup will have no negative impact at all.

It does sound like if one is connecting their digital camera freqnently, that it might be a good idea.

I for one try to remove all that I can remove from my startup.

Thanks,

Jon

2log wrote:Ulead AutoDetector is a program that automatically detects a digital camera or memory card upon connection. By default, Ulead AutoDetector is always launched and enabled in the system tray of the Taskbar every time you start your computer.

When the Ulead AutoDetector recognizes a digital camera or memory card (either of them must follow the DCF standard), Photo Explorer will be called up and either of the following will be opened:

*Digital Camera Wizard dialog box - which allows you to easily get images from your digital camera or card reader.
*The detected camera folder with the browser panel of Photo Explorer.

If you want to permanently disable auto detector from running on startup, right click on the Ulead Autodetector icon on the system tray then select Options. There should be an option there for you to disable it. :wink:
:lol:
"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003.
jolo

Return to PhotoImpact