Ideas for doing lightsaber effects?

Postby CrossEyed7 on Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:36 pm

I'm trying to make a Star Wars movie. Right now, I'm using VideoStudio 9 and Cool 3D 3.0, along with some other editing programs. Right now, it seems the biggest post-production problem will be making the lightsabers look remotely like they're supposed to. When I was using the trial version of Cool 3.5, I decided I would try to do them by taking stills of frames in the video where the action changed and use them as backgrounds in Cool to make key frames for the blade, then change the background to another color and Chroma-key the video in. To my dismay, 3.0 doesn't have the glow effect. While I'm looking for a downloadable glow effect, I also want to come up with some alternatives that wouldn't require a lot of money. I know that MediaStudio's Video Paint makes really good ones, but I don't think we're good enough at acting yet to worry $300 about special effects. After looking at a movie I made with VS6, I'm now considering using the Light filter. If it matters, the prop lightsabers we have now are red, blue, green, and purple, and we plan to have different colors in the movie.
Ok, that was a little long. Bottom line, I want a way to make lightsabers. Thanks for at least reading this far.
CrossEyed7

Postby tecstar on Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:26 am

go to theforce.net

they have a lot of fan films, and im sure you will find what you seek....
tecstar

Postby CrossEyed7 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:25 am

Thanks!
CrossEyed7

Return to VideoStudio