I am getting very poor rendering quality for HD files. If the clip is “untouched” by VS it will render fine. However any changes to the clip either by adding transition, modifying brightness, color, adding title overlay etc. causes significant lost of quality and creates very flickery output with jerky movements. Here are examples of what I am referring to:
Same clip but rendered by VS X4http://www.4shared.com/video/QD0j0sKB/Rendered.html
Could someone please try to replicate the problem on your system using provided source clip and project file and report back the results to the forum.
I just want to confirm that it is not PC and program instalation related, but it is VS X4 itself that is cousing it.
Here are the steps to do the test:
1. Download files from provided links:
a) Original clip : http://www.4shared.com/video/eH9DSrPj/Original.html
b) Project file : http://www.4shared.com/file/vlv3wMpu/Test.html
c) Project screen shot: http://www.4shared.com/photo/D-zkxxuK/Test.html
2. Create folder in your C dirve called “Test” and place downloaded files in it.
3. Open provided project file in VS X4. This should have the original clip placed on the time line twice.
The first one is not modified clip and the second one has modified brightness just to force the rendering)
4. Render it to the file using MPG Optimizer. (i.e. Share -> File -> MPG Optimizer -> Accept -> Save)
This should produce AVCHD 1920 x1080 60i file. See the project screen shot “Test.jpg” as a reference.
5. Play both source and rendered files in Windows Media player or TV and compare the smoothness of movements.
Report back to the forum your findings.