As Aphykit2006 said:
- the settings are not saved. It can get annoying if your settings are not the default settings and you have to adjust them every time you start WinDVD!
e.g.: SPDIF on my system required Waveout and doesn't work with DirectSound, but every time I start WinDVD, it's back to DirectSound
- instead of using windows' volume settings, it automatically sets each speaker to the same volume. A bug that has already been present back in WinDVD4. Please fix it, finally, and make WinDVD either use it's own profile (and remember it) or use the one of windows instead of changing it!
- when playing a blu-ray disc, the default subtitles are not remembered (they are always off and need to be switched on manually)
- maybe a bug: it can't play images of blu-ray disks created with AnyDVD-HD. I like to create images of movies I rent so that I don't have to watch 4 movies a week, but instead can take my time and delete them afterwards. While this works nicely with DVDs, WinDVD can't play blu-ray images, and hence I cannot rent blu-rays although I own a drive.
- please fix the bugs
- profiles: save video and audio settings for different uses (e.g. a profile for headphones and computer screen, another for 5.1 speakers and projector), yet another one for blu-ray).
- option to have only one (choosable) fast forward / rewinding speed, so that you don't have to click multiple times before you are finally rewinding at fast speed.
Thank you very much!