Error 1706 PSPPro.msi everytime i open MP4 file

Postby jodins97 on Wed May 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Why do i get this error everytime i open a MP4 video i want to see at my computer?I have tryed to search for the file, no result.

I did run the setup, found the PSPPro.msi file. And then i get another message when i have run that PSPPro.msi file. I think the code was 1406 or something. But it did tell me that i couldnt accesse the the file: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\classes\Drive\shel\command Because i wasnt vertify as the user of it. How much of this must i suffer, to get a software to work, so i have to delete all software? I begin to think that this software isnt worth it, and get my money back. i bought it yesterday, and the software is working nice, but everytime i want to look at a MP4 video this begins. And that isnt very userfrendly. One more info, i have tryed to open a MP4 video in VLC, and then nothing, It is only when i open the MP4 video in Mediaplayer. I have the full K-Lite package so i only have to use mediaplayer. But anyway what to do?
Many best regards
jodins97

operating_system: Windows XP Home
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: M3A_HHDMI
processor: 3 GHz
ram: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
sound_card: M-Audio DELTA Audiophile
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Life

Re: Error 1706 PSPPro.msi everytime i open MP4 file

Postby teknisyan on Wed May 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Hello jodins97,

I'm not why are you trying to open Mp4 on PSP X3 but as far as I know PSP X3 does not support MP4. You can visit http://bit.ly/m8GhGy for the list of support files of PSP X3.
Like reading blogs?
About Tech
About Sports
Pnoy.Me - A URL Shortener
Follow me on Facebook & Twitter
teknisyan

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Sony Corporation VAIO
processor: Intel Corel i5
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
sound_card: Realtek HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 GB

Postby Ken Berry on Wed May 04, 2011 10:18 pm

I too am thoroughly mystified as to why you would be using an image/graphics program (PSP) to try to play a video file. As that list of compatible formats Abiel provided the link to, shows, PSP will only open image/graphics files, but no video format...

Perhaps if you gave more detail about exactly what you are trying to do, perhaps someone might be able to come up with a sensible suggestion...
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 17FB 10.58
processor: i7 2.2 GHz
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 7690M XT 1 GB RAM
sound_card: On Board Intel
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 640 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: BENQ G2420 HD 1920x1080 24"

Postby jodins97 on Wed May 04, 2011 11:22 pm

Hello to you!
Yes i see that i was a bit little lost in words.
This happens when my "PSPPro unlimited" is off.
The program is off.
It happens everytime i go into a folder there is a MP4 file.
So iam finsihed with "PSPPro unlimitied" locked it down. and then want to look at a
movie to relax. and then everytime iam in a folder with MP4 file this box comes up.
And it happens when i open the video to see it, in mediaplayer, then this box also comes up.
I use XP home edition. as an information.
Very weird.
So is it that i need to delete all the stuff, and try again, or could there be a simpler way?
In my post you see that i also have found the .msi file, and then it want that HKEY.
It seems the problem just continues, and continues into the next step i make.
Because the software works fine when iam useing it, no problem, exept that when i use the free pick in the software and want to destort an photo, and i want to destort it much. then i get a box that says "convex destorment not allowed". I thought when i used the free pick i could draw the pictures line accross eachother.

Maybe i am a bit clear now in my information. Iam not engelish. hehe.

Many best regards
jodins97

Postby df on Fri May 06, 2011 7:24 pm

It almost sounds as if you have MP4 files associated with Corel's software somehow. Try this, right click an MP4 file, choose Open With, click Choose Program to open with, and you should get a separate window showing programs available for the file in question. Towards the bottom make sure the "Always use this program" box is checked, then click on a program that really should be the one that opens the file, like windows media player or a program of your choice.

Now, Windows won't try to associate the MP4 files with anything else. If you want to open the MP4 file with another program you can do that normally from within the program itself or you can right click, open with, etc.... unchecking the "Always use this program" box.

I'm telling all these steps from memory as I don't own Windows XP anymore. Hopefully you can get it figured out though and my instructions were close enough.
Regards, Dan

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."
df

motherboard: ECS MCP61M-M3 7.0
processor: 3.10 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X2 550
ram: 16gb
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost
sound_card: onboard sound
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4+ Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer X223W & Acer X203H & HDTV

Postby jodins97 on Sat May 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Thank you for your info.
I know of those things.
but it didnt make no diffrents when i did.
But anyway i have deleted the whole software, useing
very good uninstal software. absolut worth a test.
"Revo Uninstaller Pro". very effecient software.
And for the Corel, iam waiting on maybe get a refund.
In my point of view, it wasnt what i was after.
Thank you all for the reply.
Many best regards
jodins97

Postby mtstoller on Sun May 08, 2011 6:31 am

I have this same problem since upgrading from Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 to Paint Shop Pro Photo X3. Very annoying!
mtstoller

operating_system: Vista Home Premium

Postby Tim Morrison on Sun May 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Abiel Corel NA wrote:Hello jodins97,

I'm not why are you trying to open Mp4 on PSP X3 but as far as I know PSP X3 does not support MP4. You can visit http://bit.ly/m8GhGy for the list of support files of PSP X3.

PSP will play and catalogue some video files in the Organizer, but none of those file types are mentioned in that list. (Which is perhaps why none of the files are in the Organizer's exclusion types list... it would be handy if they were, because the Organizer handles video very badly). Part of X3's installation includes installing Apple Quicktime, which will play some MP4s.

I opened PSP X3 and pointed the Organizer at a folder of MP4 videos, which it began to thumbnail. Before it had finished all the thumbnails, I clicked on one of the ones it had finished, and the program instantly crashed.
Restarted X3 and switched to the Organizer. All the thumbnails were finished. I clicked on a thumbnail, and a larger still preview showed in the main Organizer window.
I clicked on the small play icon on the thumbnail and a Windows installer dialogue box that said "Please wait while Windows configures Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3" popped open. After sitting on "Time remaining 5 seconds" for several minutes, another dialogue box appeared, that said "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". A stupid error message because X3 wasn't installed from a network source. The dialogue box also says -
"Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PSPPro.msi in the box below".
The box below shows "c:\documents and settings\tim\local settings\application data\corel\corel paintshop photo pro x3\cds\" which is the path that the horrible iNOSSO installer used to store its extracted files, but those files are automatically deleted after installation. Because iNOSSO took nearly an hour to extract it's files, I had made a copy of the extracted files, so I pointed the installer to that, and it started working again.
Several minutes later... a new error message -
Error 1402.Could not open key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Drive\Shell\\command.
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
So i went into regedit and gave "Everyone" full control over HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Drive\Shell and its subkeys and the installer thing started up again. By that I don't mean it resumed doing what it was doing until the error hit, I mean it started all over again... "Gathering required information".
Waiting...
Waiting...
So far it has taken 40 minutes, although I have been writing this at the same time.
Waiting...
And now it pops up the same 1402 error message again. Check the permissions again... yep everyone including next doors cat can do anything with that key. Click OK.
The whole thing restarts.
Time to stop this. I wonder what will happen next time I start X3, but it's way to late to look into that now. I suspect I'll at least have to delete the Organizer database and perhaps reinstall X3.

I suspect the problem is caused by X3's initial folder cataloguing finding a video file, trying to install some extra component from the already deleted installation files, and completely failing.
Tim Morrison
C-Tech Volunteer
Tim Morrison

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
motherboard: Asus P4533
processor: 3.16 GHz
ram: 2GB
Video Card: Radeon HD4650
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2.6 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP LP2275W

Postby mikroman on Sun May 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Solved - partly.
Win 7 Home Pro. Same problem.

It is not a file association problem. Double or right click an mp4 - open it with media player classic or windows media player. Several different PSP installer windows go through the motions of trying to install "something." It fails because of a Python build problem which doesn't include a dll. See error below:
-------------------------------------
Log Name: Application
Source: MsiInstaller
Date: 2011-05-08 11:33:53 AM
Event ID: 1004
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: x
Computer: x
Description:
Detection of product '{DE4BF4BE-3CDC-43B5-BBDA-DDDA73103111}', feature 'PSPPro', component '{90AAF95F-F6DB-E4D4-2CF2-772A88AF8102}' failed. The resource 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Photo Pro\X3\PSPClassic\Python Libraries\DLLs\tix84.dll' does not exist.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1004</EventID>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-05-08T18:33:53.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>8945</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>x</Computer>
<Security UserID="x" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>{DE4BF4BE-3CDC-43B5-BBDA-DDDA73103111}</Data>
<Data>PSPPro</Data>
<Data>{90AAF95F-F6DB-E4D4-2CF2-772A88AF8102}</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Photo Pro\X3\PSPClassic\Python Libraries\DLLs\tix84.dll</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
---------------------------------------------
So I inserted this file (tix84.dll) from a known source (find the "view raw file" link on the right side of this web page here http://code.google.com/p/foodtank/sourc ... svn40&r=40) expecting the PSP installer to continue next time. I restarted and opened an mp4 again. The PSP installer runs again, of course, this time locating the dll; however, a box opens again (the one asking you to insert the disk to find the file PSP.msi) so I find my PSP disk and through that box I browse the disk to my version of the PSP.msi and continue. There is a box that states "25 minutes remaining." Dammit ,errrr, I mean shucks. After only 3 or 4 minutes it says "70 minutes remaining." DoubleDammit. So only 15 seconds later (not 75 min.s) the install completes. Oh boy. What did it install? I don't know. An error still occurs (see below) but it WORKS! No more install windows.
-----------------------------------------
Source: MsiInstaller
Date: 2011-05-08 12:30:16 PM
Event ID: 1004
Level: Warning
User: x
Computer: x
Description:
Detection of product '{DE4BF4BE-3CDC-43B5-BBDA-DDDA73103111}', feature 'PSPPro', component '{AA9698C0-0F3D-7FCC-11D7-88229B03947F}' failed. The resource 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Photo Pro\X3\PSPClassic\Python Libraries\Lib\distutils\command\wininst-8_d.exe' does not exist.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1004</EventID>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-05-08T19:30:16.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>8955</EventRecordID>
<Computer>x-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="x" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>{DE4BF4BE-3CDC-43B5-BBDA-DDDA73103111}</Data>
<Data>PSPPro</Data>
<Data>{AA9698C0-0F3D-7FCC-11D7-88229B03947F}</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Photo Pro\X3\PSPClassic\Python Libraries\Lib\distutils\command\wininst-8_d.exe</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

OK Corel. Your turn to put on a thinking cap.
mikroman

motherboard: ASUS P7H55-M LX
processor: intel i3 540 3.07GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA geforce gt 210
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP LP2065

Postby jodins97 on Tue May 10, 2011 2:24 am

Iam grateful to see that you all have answered and given a
many good info.
For myself, and this is my personal thoughts, when i had this problem
and where googling it. there is many hit. And for all of this reasons,
why havent Corel tryed to make it more userfrendly, they must have tested this, as
i have understood. And then continue on selling the software.
This is for me something i think on now.
I know that Corel and Adobe is in competion on customers.
And i have tryed Adobe, and it didnt fit at that time to my inteligens hehe.
But now when i have workt through some Corel softwares i thought i had
find the right working enviroment. But then this PSPPro thing happend.
And i send my problems to Corel at my account. And thankfully i found this forum.
Because, as i know write this, i have recived one letter since the time i have bought it. and that was some days after i had sendt in the complaine. And in the letter it says i have to call a number to Corel here in my country. But then i send a letter back saying, i cant call them because my cellphone is broken. And i havent heard anything yet.
So now i ask myself, why dosent this office here in my country have a email adress? Is Corel a buisness who deals with software to computers or not? How do the most of us comunicates? it goes on emails. And i think it is comic all this.
I doesnt expect that everything should work perfectly when you buy a software. And there is many who dosent have this problems. But i have now loosed a great respect for Corel, i thought it was much more up to date in handling in diffrent era.
And another reason i also dosent understand. when i was running the software Corel Paintshop pro unlimited. You have the choice to freely distornt an image, using the free pick.
But when i wanted to destort it dragging the edges of the image accross each other, like creating a timeglass of the image. then the software told me "convex destorment not allowed". Why cant i destroy it as it says freely with free pick?
Yes anyway. I have now going back to Adobe photoshop 7. And i understand how to use the software now. hehe. probably got some more experience on my road in the photo/image software editing wonderland. And it works. hehe. Hope that Corel find out of this problems though.
Many best regards
jodins97

Postby mikroman on Thu May 12, 2011 2:13 pm

To all users with this problem.

Today I tried to start the PSP full editor application after I added
the missing file (tix84.dll) to the PYTHON library. The application
now fails to start and reports this error below:

>>>
DetectLanguage()error. Exiting
<<<

I have since removed the tix84.dll (restarted), yet the program still
fails to start and continues to report that error.

From my Windows log files:

This application has failed to start because it's side-by-side
configuration is incorrect.

Source: SideBySide
Date: 2011-05-11 8:46:19 AM
Event ID: 33
Level: Error
User: N/A
Computer: Name-PC
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Photo Pro\X3\PSPClassic\Python
Libraries\Lib\distutils\command\wininst-8_d.exe". Dependent Assembly
Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0"
could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="SideBySide" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49409">33</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-05-11T15:46:19.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>9095</EventRecordID>
<Computer>Name-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>

<Data>Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0"</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Photo
Pro\X3\PSPClassic\Python
Libraries\Lib\distutils\command\wininst-8_d.exe</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
----------end-----------------

This file (wininst-8_d.exe) DOES in fact exist - in the exact folder
and name it is looking for. I have noted that the side by side error
has ALWAYS been present in my log files since installing and running
PSP, even when the program did properly start and operate, including
after installation of all four updates.

Here is a Readme file found inside the Python directory structure
installed by PSP.
I hope that someone can understand it and provide us with an explantion.

-------README FILE---------
This directory contains only a subset of the Distutils, specifically
the Python modules in the 'distutils' and 'distutils.command'
packages. This is all you need to distribute and install Python
modules using the Distutils. There is also a separately packaged
standalone version of the Distutils available for people who want to
upgrade the Distutils without upgrading Python, available from the
Distutils web page:

http://www.python.org/sigs/distutils-sig/

The standalone version includes all of the code in this directory,
plus documentation, test scripts, examples, etc.

The Distutils documentation is divided into two documents, "Installing
Python Modules", which explains how to install Python packages, and
"Distributing Python Modules", which explains how to write setup.py
files. Both documents are part of the standard Python documentation
set, and are available from http://www.python.org/doc/current/ .

Greg Ward (gward@python.net)

--------END README----------------------

I hope that somebody has an inkling as to what's going on here. Thanks
for taking the time to read through this missive.
mikroman

Postby mikroman on Thu May 12, 2011 3:53 pm

My mistake for thinking that this was a Corel owned message board.

A knowledge base file at Corel. This link pertains to the DetectLanguage error that came up after inserting the tix84.dll I have reported here earlier.

http://corel.force.com/index/articles/e ... 000000L0JO

It is a very simple registry change. It does allow my PSP to run now, but....the installation boxes have come back again. To borrow a photographic phrase. "Now that's a circle of confusion."

Here's the KB fix this link points to:

000005485 - DetectLanguage() Failure on launch of Paint Shop Pro Photo X3

This issue will occur after Paint Shop Pro has tried to install / repair itself the last time the program was running. If allowed to finish, the next time Paint Shop Pro X3 starts up, one will recieve the above error.

To resolve the issue, use the below steps:
This section involves modifying the Windows Registry. It is recommended that you back up your registry before proceeding with this step. Please visit Microsoft's website for more information on the Windows registry

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

Back up the registry (Windows Vista, Windows 7)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... e-registry

One will need to know what version of Windows is used, and whether it is a 64-bit version or not.
Paint Shop Pro Photo X3 may sometimes not launch properly, and it will show a “DetectLanguage() Failure” error.

1. Make sure Paint Shop Pro Photo X3 is closed
2. On Windows XP: Click on Start, and then Click on “Run”. Type “regedit” without the quotes, and hit “OK”
On Windows Vista | Windows 7: Click on Start, and in the “Start Search” area, type “regedit” and hit the “Enter” key.
3. Click on the + next to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”
4. Click on the + next to “Software”
5. If this is a 64-bit version of Windows: Click on the + next to “WOW6432Node”
6. Click on the + next to “Corel”
7. Click on the + next to “Paint Shop Pro”
8. Click on the + next to “13""
9. Click on the + next to “Installer”

10. In the right hand pane, double click on the Name “Lang” (it’s value should be blank)
11. In the new dialog, where it says “Value Data”, type in “EN” (without the quotes), and hit “OK”
This applies if your operating system is in English. “FR” would be used for French for example.

12. Click on the - next to “Installer”
13. Click on the - next to “13""
14. Click on the - next to “Paint Shop Pro”
15. Click on the - next to “Corel”
16. If this is a 64-bit version of Windows: Click on the - next to “WOW6432Node”
17. Click on the - next to “Software”
18. Click on the - next to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Good luck all
mikroman

Postby Simone Corel UK on Fri May 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi to all

This error 1402 and LanguageFailure have been escalated as bug with highest priority and the development team is aware of them. This problem appears after installing SP 3 for PSPPX3.

I myself found a simple way to stop this "insert the disk and reinstall me" procedure: as soon as I received this window, I clicked very fast on "Cancel" 3 or 4 times and suddenly it stopped.

Tip:
we have also some Europeans here in this forum: regarding the LanguageFailure error:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corel\Paint Shop Pro\13\Installer

the language has to be set to EN.

You can change the program's language in File -> Preferences - > Switch language.
I work for the Corel UK Support. I will not give technical support through this forum and my answer is only related to this thread.
Simone Corel UK
Corel

operating_system: Windows 8

Postby Deankind on Sun May 22, 2011 11:31 pm

I have the same problem.
I was wondering why I all of a sudden have QuickTime on my PC, as I didn't download it.
But when I play a MP4 file on QuickTime, this box trying to install whatever...doesn't appear.
It only appears when I try to open it in anything else...Media Player Classic, WIndows Media etc etc.

Can anyone help me solve the problem please.
Deankind

Postby mikroman on Mon May 23, 2011 9:42 pm

If you read all of the above messages you will learn why. Didn't you read them?
mikroman

Next

Return to Paint Shop Pro