How Do I Enlarge/Zoom In & Out Of Clips-Track Motion Eff

Postby ThunderStorm on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:34 pm

Hiya, hows everybody doing, I just joined this forum and would like some help on a particular effect im trying to achieve. I'm using Ulead VideoStudio 11 and have created a split screen effect with four clips; now i would like to zoom into them clips and enlarge them to full screen and then zoom out of them and move onto the next clip and do the same. For example there are four different clips and first i would like to bring/zoom the one thats on the top left and enlarge it so it full screen and them zoom back out of it and then do the same with the other 3 clips. Below is an example of what i mean, although this video uses more then four overlay clips, it still does the zooming into the clips/enlarging them and zooming out of the clips effect i am talking about. Please could someone help me with this effect. I Think in sony vegas the effect is called track motion where you can enlarge a clip and then make it small again etc but i cant seem to find this effect anywhere in ulead videostudio, does anyone know if you can achieve this effect in UVS?.

Thnx in advance.

Example of Effect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRQmzpqqrNg
ThunderStorm

Postby Ron P. on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:16 am

Welcome to the forums,

In short, no that is not possible in VS. It is one of the many things that we have been requesting for several versions. It's known here as motion path. Ulead had a big brother program to VS, called MediaStudio Pro, which is capable of that type of effect. However Corel has decided to discontinue it.

The closest that VS comes is a fake moving path, using the crop filter. However the result just does not look good..:(
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE198WFP-Desktop

Postby ThunderStorm on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:39 am

Thank you very much for the reply, i am really really dissapointed that UVS does not have that effect, i'd gotten so used to using UVS and would love if this motion path effect was available. Anyway i was also wondering if there were any video editing plugins that could carry out the effect that worked with UVS?
ThunderStorm

Postby alanball on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:20 am

Hi,
not tried this but could you make a video file with the screen plits you want and then insert that into another project, then do a zoom in and zoom out into each section?
Alan Ball
alanball

Postby sjj1805 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:17 am

Like Ron said - you need a Video Editor that includes moving paths.
This is something that our Web Board members have requested for the past several versions and has always been the most disappointing omission when a new version has appeared.

The best work round using only VideoStudio is what I created here:
VideoStudio Moving Path Tutorial
Regards, Steve Jones, Web Board Administrator
sjj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: E
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Postby ThunderStorm on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Thanks sjj1805 for your method but i'm thinking of moving upto mediastudio as MS has this actual effect, i also wanted to know what other big leading video editing software applications do not have this effect, i'm assuming that sony vegas, adobe premiere, pinnacle studio all have the moving path effect or am i wrong?
ThunderStorm

Postby sjj1805 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:17 am

Don't know - we use Corel/Ulead products here!
Regards, Steve Jones, Web Board Administrator
sjj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: E
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Return to VideoStudio